Baby In The Belly

Lounge By heather2780 Updated 3 Mar 2007 , 3:40am by Dordee

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 13

For all of you who have little girls do your little girls pretend to have babies in there bellies? if so when did this start my little girl just turned 3 last month and has always really loved to play mommy and I have had a few close friends have babies recently but my dd is always pretended she has a baby in her belly putting her blanket under her shirt telling me her baby came out as my oldest is a boy I dont know if this is something little girls do or if its takeing playing mommy a little overboard it doesnt bother me as much as it amuses me and im sure she i will outgrow it I was just wondering if this is normal behavior in a 3 year old.

12 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 13

Yep...my 4 yr old does that too, especially after her aunt was pregnant. I love watching her pretend to be a mommy.....she's very loving and it goes to show that she thinks I'm a loving mommy .... icon_wink.gif

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 13

2 out 3 of my girls have also done this. They both started around 2 1/2 to 3 and my 9 year old will still play that way sometimes. It always happens around the time a friend is expecting. They also act like they are breastfeading afterwards. They are just trying to act like their mommy. Perfectly normal!

heather2780 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 13

ok I will play along and stop discouraging it I do find it flattering that she is such a good little mommy its so cute to watch her cuddle babies and feed them she even gets little stressed moments pretending the babies wont stop crying even though she is trying everything she kisses there forehead and says its ok i'm here its to cute I found this with my son when my dd was first born and he was 4 he would sit in the the back of the car with her and if i was driving and couldnt pull over and she was upset he would comfort her in the same way I think some day a long long time from now they are both going to be great parents.

Sugarbunz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbunz Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 13

Nope, I have a boy (3 and a half), but a week ago he asked me "how" babies get in bellies. icon_eek.gif

I told him to ask me in ten years. icon_confused.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:46pm
post #6 of 13

When my DD was that age, she pretended to nurse her baby dolls. Since I nursed her brother, and her baby cousins were breastfed as well, it was normal to her. I found it a little too realistic for my taste, but I left her alone and it passed.

heather2780 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 13

shelbur I agree with you it would be a little to much for me if she were to try to breast feed I know its perfectly natural thing but i'm not ready for her to be that savy yet she is already aware she has boobies (i wish she werent) my son is cute he tells her she cant have a baby in her belly until shes married and she cant get married until shes 30 so at least I know he listens when we talk. icon_smile.gif

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 13

Sugarbunz - My son was 7 and asked. I told him that he could ask me when he was in 6th grade.

My boys have done the baby under the shirt thing too, but I have been pregnant around them. My daughter hasn't really been around pregnant woman and she is 3. So, we will see!

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:05pm
post #9 of 13

My daughter asked a couple of questions about where babies come from when she was around 5. I told her that Mommies and Daddies ask God for them, and that the doctor helps get them out. That way I didn't really lie, and she can come to me again when she's ready for more detail.
My neice asked my sis how babies come out, so my sis told her. She didn't believe her!!
Oh, and until recently, my 4 yo DS thought that mommies have girl babies and daddies have boy babies. LOL!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:29pm
post #10 of 13

Yep, My little girl did the same thing. The older kids were ok with that but HATED when she would nurse her dolls. My sister had twins and nursed them so it was just normal for my DD. We let it be and it went away. I think it's awesome that they want to be mommies. Enjoy her, and this magical time...it goes away much to fast. [/b]

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 10:46pm
post #11 of 13

Yep, it's normal. After raising her "babies" for the last two years, she's started to bring them to "gramma" to take care of them.

Nothing like getting woken up in the middle of the night to watch a "baby" and getting yelled at in the morning because the "baby" is uncovered. Got the kids out of the bed, and the dolls moved in. Lovely.

We're at the pregnant unicorn stage. The big unicorn gives birth at least twice a day to the smaller unicorns.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 11:30pm
post #12 of 13

Zmama, that is so funny! I get to help with the dolls also, but that is so sweet!

Did you ever sit and watch "Milo and Otis with your kids? That is the story with the cat and dog that are friends. Anyway, I had never sat down through the whole show, until one day when I walked into the room and the cat and dog were giving birth. That was the start of questions!! It is an adorable movie, but a little more birth than I wanted them to see. At that age the kids and the frineds that were over, thought babies came out like Poo! I had to explain that to the mom. It was funny, but she was pregnant at the time, so you can imagine the questions at her home.

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 3:40am
post #13 of 13

This thread is so cute and funny! I have laughed at some of the posts until i've about cried and believe me I need a good laugh right now. Thank you all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%