Has Anyone Ever Made...

Decorating By Pearl70 Updated 2 Mar 2007 , 5:52pm by archanac

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 8

a chocolate basket? This is where you pour your melted chocolate over a bowl or other device to form your shape. If so can you share your experience?

7 replies
SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 8

I think I saw something on the wilton site the last time I was in there!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 8

Hey pearl! Check out this link. There's a tutorial on here for a choc bowl but I bet you could modify it. Hope this helps a little...

http://www.geocities.com/qccakeclub/club_demos/demo_photos_01.html

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 8

Michelle104
Thank you this is it...but I could not get the actual tutorial for it..but I think this is easy enough for me to figure out..

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 8

Hey, that sounds cool, I want to learn to make one.

tburkhalter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tburkhalter Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 8

I made some once. I used a heart shaped foil baking pan as the mold and lots of cooking spray helped it come out easily.

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 8

you can also use little water balloons from the dollar store.

You can melt your chocolate, not to hot and dip the inflated and tied balloons into the chocolate, if you dip them from side to side you get a sort of tulip effect.

place them on a parchment paper lined jelly roll pan and let them harden. you can then stick a pin into the balloons leaving the cups or baskets.

a hint..

blow the balloon till it almost ready to pop, let the air out and then inflate to just the size you need, so when you stick the pin in the air just sort of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz out and not bursts.

archanac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
archanac Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 5:52pm
post #8 of 8

I've never tried making a chocolate basket before, but here is a link that shows you how to make a lace heart basket (or any other shape for that matter):

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/12146.xml&catref=cat740057

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%