Decorating By m0use Updated 6 Apr 2005 , 5:47pm by m0use

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 17

Hi- I saw that you have a butterfly for your avatar. While I was searching around for something else today I found several cool looking glitter butterflys.
I am posting them here for you and if you want you can save one of them for yourself to use.

Edit note- you will have to resize these before you can use them for an avatar.
www.gifworks.com is a good place for resizing gifs.
LL
LL
LL
LL

16 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 17

trying your hand at avatars too m0use? cool..... I had a dream that my boo started talking to me while I was on here. I know I know! She's almost lifelike....I keep thinking having her lips move and the word "kitty!" comes out....since thats her big thing in Monsters Inc!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 17

Hi Mouse. I'd like to make an avatar out of the cake my artist son designed for my business cards. Is there a tutorial somewhere that will show me how to create an avatar? I'd ask my son to do it, but he would probably be sometime next year getting it done. icon_twisted.gif Janice

m0use Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 17

If you have the image that he used on disk, you can upload that image as your avatar. It can't be more than 6KB in size though. Give me a little bit of time today and I can write up some instructions for you on how to upload the file.

veejaytx Posted 2 Apr 2005 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 17

Thanks, Mouse, that would be great! I think the avatars are really fun, so I just have to have one of my own. I really appreciate your taking the time to help! Janice

m0use Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 17

Hello-
Had a busy day yesterday but I finally got the instructions written down.. these instructions are for if you have a file on your pc (i.e. hard drive, floppy disk, cd-rom, etc)
1) Look over in the My Account Area
2) Click on My Info
3) Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the Avatar Control Panel
4) Since we have the file on our pc, go to Upload Avatar from your machine area and click on Browse...
5) Find your file, highlight it, click on Open
6) The system will autofill the file name and path into the line next to Browse...
7) Click on Submit and you are done.
People will now see your avatar next to your name in all of your posts.

veejaytx Posted 3 Apr 2005 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 17

Thank you, Mouse, I will give it a try today. I'm a little groggy right now, went back to bed about 6:30 am, thinking I'd sleep a couple of hours as usual, and am just now getting up and going again! I don't usually sleep more than 2 hours at a time, guess I finally reached the point where I HAD to sleep!

Thanks again, Janice

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 5:19am
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

trying your hand at avatars too m0use? cool..... I had a dream that my boo started talking to me while I was on here. I know I know! She's almost lifelike....I keep thinking having her lips move and the word "kitty!" comes out....since thats her big thing in Monsters Inc!

I love your Boo - she makes me smile! It'd be cute if you could get her to say Kitty too.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 9:55am
post #9 of 17

m0use or Lisa....any suggestions how to get kitty to "say" kitty.....? I know its impossible for an actual voice to say it, but word?

m0use Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 12:42pm
post #10 of 17

I'm sure one of us can figure something out.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 3:06pm
post #11 of 17

I don't know m0use. I was telling flayv that Boo is such a well done graphic. You could make her mouth move with the word kitty beside it but I don't know if it would look natural. It could only be two frames because of the 6K limit. I'll play around with it today too and see how it would look.

KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 8:36pm
post #12 of 17

mOuse,

I really appreciate the help. I do love butterflies and the lavender one would be great. When I get a chance I'll try to download and resize it. Besides the cake decorating, I have a full time job and take care of an ailing mother-in-law, so I do what I can when I can.

The avatar thing is new to me and I just went browsing and found my first butterfly. I actually like the glitzy one a lot more. Thanks!

This seems like a great place to make friends with similar interests. I've never done forums or chat rooms before, but this one is really great!

m0use Posted 4 Apr 2005 , 10:54pm
post #13 of 17

Glad you liked them, I finally have some downtime right now- I got my son's cold or something, so I saved the purple one off and resized it for you.
LL

PureShugga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PureShugga Posted 5 Apr 2005 , 2:17am
post #14 of 17

Cute cute!!!!! I've never done forums or chats before I got into cake decorating a few months ago - and now I feel like I belong to a big group of friends now with common interests! I love it.

KrazyKross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyKross Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 5:34pm
post #15 of 17

m0use,

Thanks for the help, as you can see I've changed my avatar. Thanks for making a newbie feel welcome.

Kathy

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 5:38pm
post #16 of 17

I totally agree puresugga. You all feel like one big extended family!

m0use Posted 6 Apr 2005 , 5:47pm
post #17 of 17

Your welcome KrazyKross! Glad to be able to help out!
Isn't this site just awesome, just so down home feeling icon_biggrin.gifcowboy.gif

PS- I love your new butterfly, very pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%