Need Ideas For A Birthday Cake

Decorating By deb12g Updated 8 Mar 2007 , 12:45am by kayscake

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 7

I got an order for a 9 x 13, 2 layer filled cake. It's for a birthday for a college aged girl. Mother left it all up to me. Any ideas?

6 replies
tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 7

Since college kids love to party, make a nite club party scene for the cake with people dancing.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 7

Any idea how old she is? I wouldn't necessarily say that just because she's in college she "loves" to party (I certainly didn't) so maybe it's safer doing something like a present or something generic for a girl? I could call mom up and ask a little about her, interests, etc, and maybe you could work from there. Otherwise maybe something colorful and trendy may be the way to go...pink and brown or pink and green concentric fondant circles, or polka dots or something.

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 7

True, maybe the student is a bookworm. If that is the case, a stack of books would do.

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 7

I saw a cake posted earlier today that had a girl's Sorority colors and letters on it. Very cool cake. Perhaps you could do something like that if she is in a sorority or a service organization. Good luck!

Britton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britton Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 12:21am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendhigurl

Any idea how old she is? I wouldn't necessarily say that just because she's in college she "loves" to party (I certainly didn't) so maybe it's safer doing something like a present or something generic for a girl? I could call mom up and ask a little about her, interests, etc, and maybe you could work from there. Otherwise maybe something colorful and trendy may be the way to go...pink and brown or pink and green concentric fondant circles, or polka dots or something.

As a college girl myself, I agree with Mendhigurl. I think trendy and colorful is the way to go. Combos like pink/brown, pink/lime green, orange/pink, sky blue/lime green/pink sound good to me. The website www.paperbuzz.com has some good designs under "Snappy Stationery." Here are some images from there.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

kayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayscake Posted 8 Mar 2007 , 12:45am
post #7 of 7

Wow, great colors and designs I'm definately bookmarking those!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%