First Cake Tonight!

Decorating By Jadensmom Updated 3 Mar 2007 , 8:33pm by crumbscakeartistry

Jadensmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jadensmom Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:21pm
post #1 of 8

I have been wanting to decorate cakes for a long time now. I finally started the Wilton classes last week and I decorate my first cake tonight (rainbow cake). Pretty cool! I am excited. Any advice would be appreciated!

7 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 8

Yay for you! This is just the beginning of something that is going to bring you years of pleasure. Be sure and post a picture of your cake. And I don't want to hear "It's not good enough, it doesn't compare to others." We all started as beginners, we all did that first cake at one time in our lives.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 8

REALX and enjoy it! You will have fun adn remember what Shirley said about us all starting out!

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 8

Welcome to what will become an addiciton! I thought when I started this I would just take a class to give me something to do and keep me from getting depressed, that was 3 years ago icon_lol.gif

Enjoy your classes and take picutes of eveything, you'll be so proud when you see how far you've come!

wesmanfamily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wesmanfamily Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 8

Relax and have fun!!! That is most inportant! Just an idea, I take a pic of any and every cake I do so I can always look back and see my progress. Now is the time to start! Good luck!

Jadensmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jadensmom Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the advice!! I am excited!! I am a little nervous about making the roses. It looks impossible to me!!!!

weberm05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weberm05 Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 8

You'll definately have fun with your classes.....remember to smooth your cake with a viva papertowel....that will really impress everyone icon_smile.gif

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 3 Mar 2007 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 8

You will have agreat time and meet some very cool people. My Wilton I class is all going together to a book signing w/ Toba Garrett even though the class was a few months ago.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%