Cheap Groceries.

Lounge By leily Updated 9 Jan 2006 , 3:38pm by luv2cake

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 2:52am
post #1 of 6

OK, to me this sounds like a scam, however I have received emails about this company a few different times in the last year or two. I am wondering if anyone has heard of this company, or has used the program?

http://www.wrldofproducts.com/

Supposedly you pay about $14.00 for $100.00 worth of grocery coupons that you can pick which ones you want from their list of a lot of name brand products. That is how I understand it.

I am just curious if anyone has any experience with this program? I figure if it is legit then someone on this board must know something about it... as you all surprise me with your knowledge of everything out there (even if we don't want to admit that there is a world beyond decorating)

Thanks for any light you can bring on this subject.

Leily

5 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 5:36am
post #2 of 6

I didn't know that that was still going on.

Churches in my area about 10 years ago were doing this.

slejdick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slejdick Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 6

It's probably not technically a scam, as they will likely deliver what they say they will, but that's a very high "handling fee" for coupons!

There are sites where you can trade to get coupons, for either "handling fees" (because it's not legal to SELL coupons) or other things, and for most common-value coupons, the fees range closer to 5-10%.

Also, I've heard that many of these companies send coupons that are short-dated (so you don't have time to wait until the items are on sale also) or only send a portion of what you select.

Getting coupons from a coupon service or an individual trader allows you to choose EXACTLY which coupons you want, see the details of them, and get the quantity you want of each (maybe you want 20 crisco coupons, but only two for dish soap . . .) In most cases, they're mailed right away, so you have them much faster.

hth!
Laura.

EDIT: Just checked out their website, and found this:

The company that supplies your coupons charges a nominal fee of $2 per every $10.00 worth of coupons requested. They offset this by giving you a minimum of $2 worth of additional coupons of your choice, which in turn negates this service fee.

So, in that case, you're "paying" $2 to save $12, in addition to the $14.00 you paid for the savings book in the first place.

I'd run the other way, LOL!
[/code]

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 6

Mama's rules to live by...
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. icon_wink.gif

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 6

i got rooked into a magizine "deal" one time and they included the free coupon deal. first it was a pain in the butt! they sent me a list of items to choose from, and the brands i wanted, and they sent me the coupons. i did have to pay $1.00 shipping. the coupons where okay, but i couldve cut them out of the magizines myself.....plus the only items where name brand. i myself shop for the walmart brand of stuff and save money with out having to use coupons. i would NOT pay $14.00 for coupons!!!!
if you want to save money on groceries you can watch the papers they send you every week to see whats on sale at which store, and buy store brands....that saves more money than your suposed to be "good deal on coupons"

melody

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 6

If you are looking for cheap groceries, I stumbled upon this organization called Angel Food Ministries and each month they create a menu. This menu has food items that will feed a family of 4 for a week. All for $25. They are all over the country, but you'll have to go to their website to see if they deliver to your area.

I have only done this once, but I was totally impressed with it and can't wait to do it again! Pass it on to those who you think could benefit from this program:

http://angelfoodministries.com/menu.php

Check it out!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%