Lots Of Firsts...3D Castle And Princess Cake

Decorating By sweetcreation Updated 9 Jan 2006 , 1:24am by SheilaF

sweetcreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreation Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 7:50am
post #1 of 13

Well, it was a busy week making cakes for my dd's 4th birthday and planning parties, but now it is over and I can relax.

The princess cake was for her preschool class. The doll is suppose to be Jasmine. This is the first time I have done a tiered cake and the rods were a little too high. My dd also helped and put the sprinkles on the dress and placed the violets on the cake. The 10" round is only one layer. It was not easy to decorate the doll's arms, but I feel it turned out okay (My father-in-law has very impressed with how I kept the arms up, he didn't realize it was a plastic doll--Hilarious). I really wish I had had a jasmine face doll, but hey kids use their imagination. The roses are my first successful roses, hooray! I will continue to practice. I was very pleased with how this cake turned out and my dd and her preschool were also impressed.

The castle cake was for her party. It is a 10 " round and a 6" round, with plastic tupperware long cups for the towers. The princess faces in the windows were cut out of the invitation and thank you card. The tower princesses were done like a FBCT. The stone effect on the towers was tip 12 around then pressed down with a cornstarch finger. I had fun making this cake, although it had its challenges. Again, my dd was pleased/impressed and so were the friends at her party. I was nervous about transporting this cake, but it stayed together and the single tower did not fall over.

Thank you for looking at my photos and techniques. Thank you to the CakeCentral members who inspired and/or aided in my cake creations.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

12 replies
okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 8:50am
post #2 of 13

Wow, you did a great job!

I can see why your daugther just loved it! That is why I got into cake decorating to see the look on my kids face when they see their cake! And they have so much fun planning next year's cake all year long, LOL.

goodcakefairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goodcakefairy Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 12:25pm
post #3 of 13

Nice job! I know how much works goes into that. My DH laughed at me the other nigt because I was wondering what cake to do for DD's 2nd birthday in AUGUST. what can I say? I'm a planner. icon_redface.gif

Lazy_Susan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lazy_Susan Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 13

They are both very beautiful. You did an excellent job on them. icon_smile.gif I hope that when I make my first doll cake that it will turn out as pretty as yours.

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 13

You did a beautiful job on both of them. They look great.

Wilma

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 13

Outstanding job thumbs_up.gif

cheftaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheftaz Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 13

Beautiful. My daughter (7) would love those. Great job

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 13

Beautiful cakes...I love the way you put the faces in the windows!!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Jan 2006 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 13

What Beautiful cakes!!! I love them both!! thumbs_up.gif

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 6:13am
post #10 of 13

im with you all i start planning the cake almost a year in advance.....lets just say that the party theme is always revolving around the cake instead of the other way.

my dream cake the reason that I started persuing cake decorating is that I would love to make the mad hatters tea cup cake from colletes book.....

I will only attempt this once Im sure that I can do it. My husband (3 years later still waiting) my husband always wanted to do the cheshire cat and was happy as punch once he did it.

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 6:21am
post #11 of 13

GREAT job on the cakes!! I'd be proud if I were you! icon_smile.gif I am another planner. DH says I'm a little anal about it, but hey, he's an engineer & it takes one to know one. LOL My kids' combined b-day party is coming up in February, and I'm already thinking about next year's theme! I'm glad to know I'm in good company. icon_razz.gif

sweetcreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreation Posted 8 Jan 2006 , 11:04pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I did enjoy making them, and now I know I can do one for someone else if asked.

I am also a planner and I played around with probably 10 ideas or more with each cake design before coming up with my final creation.

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 9 Jan 2006 , 1:24am
post #13 of 13

You mean not everyone starts planning 6 months or more in advance! LOL. I have four kids, so I always plan in advance. Especially since now I'm getting even busier with cakes for close friends and our church, and now, even our local audubon society is asking me to do a cake for a local event (my girls go to bird camp there each summer). My son was looking at the party book with me today and decided he wants a Thomas party for his next birthday (in August). I ordered supplies from a balloon place for my oldest dtr's bday and they called to tell me it was out of stock and they wouldn't be in till next week. I told them that was fine b/c the party is not till March. ANd my cakes never end up exactly what I started for. I kind of design as I go icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%