Black Icing

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 1 Apr 2005 , 11:46pm by momof3jotynjake

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 5

I HAVE A SPONGE BOB B-DAY CAKE IM WORKING ON. IM DOING A BTC, BUT I CANNOT, CANNOT GET THE BLACK!! ARRRR.. IF I BUY THE BLACK ICING IN THE WILTON TUBE,,, WILL THAT BE OK TO OUTLINE WITH??
THANKS!!= icon_redface.gif

4 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 5

Yes, it works perfect, or you can add some cocoa to the icing and then color black. I have been able to color the icing black. Use only a little and then color that.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 5

mommyof3 I had to do the wilton icing also...it worked good, just make sure the tip you use is small enough because since the black is thick it comes out very noticable.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 5

The Wilton in the tube is also really stiff so you'll want to squeeze the tube around in your hands a bit to soften it up. I've even thrown mine in the microwave and used that to fill in designs. Another cheat is to buy the chocolate fudge icing in a tub. It's so dark already that it doesn't take a lot of black to color it.

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 1 Apr 2005 , 11:46pm
post #5 of 5

thanks a lot for your help!! i decorated it with the black frosting in the tube from wilton'sl. its in the freezer now!!! ILl let you know how it turns out!! thanks for all of your help!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%