Strawberry Short Cake {Not The Doll}

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 28 Feb 2007 , 10:56pm by zoomitoons

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 3

i need to make a strawwberry short cake {not the doll} but i dont know what cake to make or how to get the strawberrys with the juice or the whip cream and some one help thanks

2 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 3

You can make an angel food cake, sponge cake, or a pound cake. Or if you want real old fashioned shortcakes, make biscuits with added butter and sugar. Hull the berries and slice them, put in a large bowl and sprinkle with granulated sugar to taste. This time of the year the berries may be a bit tart, so taste after they have sat in the refrigerator for an hour or so. You can use your own whipping cream, whip to semi stiff peaks (don't overbeat or it will turn to butter) add a little granulated sugar and a dash of vanilla extract. Or you can use Cool Whip topping.

Here is an angel food cake I made and frosted with whipped Pastry Pride topping and then just decorated with sliced strawberries.
LL

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 3

either a pound cake or a shortbread cake would work
as for the strawberries with the juice, i make mine with fresh strawberries, cut small and about a 1/4 cup of sugar per 2 cups of cut berries mixed together, let it sit in the fridge over night, stir a few times and you will have fresh strawberry "filling" or topping. we put it over everything, ice cream, waffles and pancakes, a few in cereal, over shortcake topped with whip cream, i use it for a cake filling (it's one of my best selling)
i like dreamwhips envelopes or whipping cream and make whip cream to top off.

one good thing about the strawberry "recipe" is you don't have to have the best strawberries, the sugar sweetens them and no one will know the difference. lol
good luck
Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%