Any Color Or Flavor Trends In Weddings Yet This Year?

Business By Chef_Stef Updated 4 Mar 2007 , 3:19am by mypastrychef

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 8

So far for color, I'm getting lots of...purples: victorian lilac, deep purple, silvery purple, thistle, etc.

And lots of white chocolate.

Interesting~!

What are you seeing?

7 replies
cinnabrst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinnabrst Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:25am
post #2 of 8

I'm getting lots of color period, which is SO refreshing!!! I was so sick of white on white with red roses last year. Utterly sick I tell you!!

So far I've actually gotten quite a few requests for green, two shades in particular: shamrock green for a St. Patty's day wedding cake and a more "tame" lime. Oh, I'm also getting a lot of ivory and then aquamarine as well.

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:31am
post #3 of 8

How exactly do you achieve a silvery purple? I know the color, but would you use a light silver dusting over the purple?

cinnabrst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinnabrst Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:32am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksmom

How exactly do you achieve a silvery purple? I know the color, but would you use a light silver dusting over the purple?

That's what I'd do, maybe dry dust it??

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 5:29am
post #5 of 8

Fortunately, for the silvery purple, it's just a ribbon that goes around a fondant cake...they gave me a color swatch.

Unfortunately...it's been almost impossible to find ribbon that exact shade. At least I have some time.

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 7:19am
post #6 of 8

I'm seeing ALOT of sage green. My St. Patrick's Day wedding is using sage, spruce whatever you want to call it (and it's not particularly pretty!) and the grooms cakes are key lime cheesecakes with white chocolate ganache. Other than that, probably the most popular color is lavender with platinum or silver.

designsbydelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
designsbydelights Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 7:19am
post #7 of 8

I'm seeing ALOT of sage green. My St. Patrick's Day wedding is using sage, spruce whatever you want to call it (and it's not particularly pretty!) and the grooms cakes are key lime cheesecakes with white chocolate ganache. Other than that, probably the most popular color is lavender with platinum or silver.

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 3:19am
post #8 of 8

I have been wrapping fondant ribbon around the layers alot lately. Guess they want fondant but don't want to pay to have the whole cake covered.
Various shades of blue also seem to be popular for accents and fondant bows.
mpc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%