Need Spiderman Idea For Little Boys Cake!

Decorating By button-moon Updated 26 Jan 2006 , 3:00pm by SheilaF

button-moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
button-moon Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 1:31pm
post #1 of 29

everytime i search for a spiderman cake...they are always done in special shaped tins...does anyone have any ideas on how to do a spiderman cake that doesnt need special tins...and i tend to do 3d cakes...or ones with figures on...any ideas????

28 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 29

I know I have seen in the gallery a really neat cake that was made to look like a building with a spidey figure and maybe a bad guy on it. I think something like that is pretty neat idea!

Twisted_Sifter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twisted_Sifter Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 29

Go to DECOPAC.COM (a supplier of cake supplies for most retail bakeries)and search for SPIDERMAN. There are images of the SIGNATURE SPIDERMAN CAKE that has a figurine on a stacked rooftop design. Perhaps you could use the basic idea from there. I did a cutout Spiderman shaped cake years ago, but I will have to scan the photo. I'll add my photo as soon as I can locate it & upload it for you.

button-moon Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 29

aww thanks so much...ill look forward to seeing it

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 29

Here is a cute cake I found while searching for Spiderman ideas some time back. I didn't save the source, so my apologies to the creator for not giving credit where credit is due.
LL

momsandraven Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 29

Here's another one, done by lisa here on CC. She did a tutorial for it on her blog site, I'm sure if you pm her she will send you the link to the tutorial.
LL

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 29

sorry no pic to share...
but I took a standard 9" two-tier round and did just half of Spidey's face.

if you google "spiderman cake" you'll get lots and lots of ideas to inspire..most NOT in the special shaped pan. One even has black royal icing string work to make the web come off the the cake!

Twisted_Sifter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twisted_Sifter Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 4:09pm
post #8 of 29

Found the photo! Did this cake almost 10 years ago....just cut up a 1/4 sheet and moved the cake cuttings around to achieve the shape.
LL

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 29

I love this one from ChristyB ( the one with buildings)

and this one is cute too! I don't know where I found this one!
LL
LL

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 9:32pm
post #10 of 29

I have 2 pics in my gallery you can check out! They are on 1/2 sheets.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 10:22pm
post #11 of 29

Here is the link to the Spiderman directions that Lisa did! ( She will be away for awhile, so I thought I would post this for her!)

http://frostingfun.blogspot.com/

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 10:27pm
post #12 of 29

just seen at WalMart: a cupcake cake -- oval shaped w/ spiderman face.

great idea but...the execution was terrible.

button-moon Posted 3 Jan 2006 , 9:55am
post #13 of 29

awwww wow, thanks for all your comments and photos...i agree that one with buildings on is brill...a very original idea. i'll let you all know how it goes....thanks again for all your help

dbb513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbb513 Posted 6 Jan 2006 , 3:41pm
post #14 of 29

You can get a picture of Spiderman from a coloring book etc. and you can use tinted piping gel to trace onto wax paper then transfer to sheet cake. Add spiderweb cupcakes on top for 3d effect.

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 7:45am
post #15 of 29

This is one that I did for a little boy's birthday and it was a hit. As you can see by the shape, is very easy to do and is also 3D. You can decorate the cake w/out coloring the icing, then spray the cake with wilton red color mist. After you spray the entire cake red, use a small butter knife and with the tip scrape several lines across and down on all sides of the cake (so that the white icing color comes through making it look like brick walls). For the roof I sprinkle black sugar to make it look like tar. All you need is to buy the toy for the top.
LL

bush1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bush1 Posted 12 Jan 2006 , 9:34am
post #16 of 29

Hi, I am new on this site but I will try and upload a spider man cake that I made for my nephew using candy buildings. Sorry, I wasn't able to upload the image in this site but if you e-mail me at [email protected] I can send it to you directly. Please use spiderman cake as the subject.

tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 17 Jan 2006 , 4:21pm
post #17 of 29

this is a pic of a spiderman cake i did a few years ago. it is 3 6 in stacked onto a 10 in round. the buildings are candy set to shape. the cars are gum drops cut and shaped togethor. the customer had the topper that had spidey on top of a building but sorry to say i don't have a pic of it with the top. hope this helps and cant wait to see what you make!![/img]
LL

button-moon Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 7:06pm
post #18 of 29

thats brilliant!!!...ive just started to make the spiderman model now...i couldnt find a toy ANYWHERE because they are bringing out batman toys instead....so it looks like i have to make one from icing....and its proving to be very difficult! im starting the cake tomorrow...and ive took ideas from all of you who have replied....im putting buildings on...but not from candy melts (too adventurous for me!) so im just putting fondant buildings on the side of the cake...i have to say if this spiderman figure on the top comes out out actually looking like spiderman...id be very suprised!!! wish me luck...i'll post a pic here as soon as ive done it...but please still post ur spiderman pics here...i could easily change my mind about something along the way as she doesnt need it till sunday.

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 18 Jan 2006 , 8:11pm
post #19 of 29

some more pics from CC
LL
LL

button-moon Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 11:34am
post #20 of 29

ok....here it is...the cake i decided to do....i couldnt find a spiderman figure ANYWHERE so i had to make one from fondant..i WOULDNT recommend it...i was crawling up the walls like spiderman it got me that mad! thanks for all your help guys!
LL

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 22 Jan 2006 , 7:53pm
post #21 of 29

Came out very nice! thumbs_up.gif

mamasota Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamasota Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 5:44am
post #22 of 29

Great job. It came out beautiful.

button-moon Posted 23 Jan 2006 , 1:15pm
post #23 of 29

thanks xxxxx

momsandraven Posted 24 Jan 2006 , 7:43pm
post #24 of 29

Looks great! I love all of the details you included. I think your Spiderman turned out super! It looks like you put a lot of time into it. thumbs_up.gif

button-moon Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 9:34am
post #25 of 29

it took me 4 days!!! n the longest bit was the spiderman,...i made it from white fondant then painted it with watered down paste. i'll never do another spiderman again!

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 25 Jan 2006 , 8:41pm
post #26 of 29

Button-moon, I know the pain of making spiderman. i have made one by myself also. (long time ago) I had no idea of gumpaste at that time and the weather was really humid and hot so it was one of the biggest pain figures i have ever made. It was literally melting between my hands.and lets not talk about painting the little guy. End of the day he didn't look like he was crawling but swimming in the cake icon_redface.gif

At the party kids were walking around with the blue and red faces from all the color from the figure.

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 2:03am
post #27 of 29

I did spiderman as a FBCT. It's in my album if this link doesn't work

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/20517/Spiderman-Cake4WEB.jpg

button-moon Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 9:45am
post #28 of 29

yeah, i certainly learnt alot from doing that figure!
sheilaf, that cake is brill, i wish id opted for something a little simpler now!

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 26 Jan 2006 , 3:00pm
post #29 of 29

Thanks. FBCT's seem to be my calling icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%