Going To Be Visiting Orlando...

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 28 Feb 2007 , 2:13pm by fytar

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 16

Going down for our March Break next week. Just wondering if there are any really good cake supply stores to check out. I don't have many options around here so thought this would be a good time to check out other places. Can anyone recommend a good place to go? TIA icon_smile.gif

15 replies
shannonfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannonfl Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 16

Sadly I know of none and I live here Michael's and Joann's are my cake supply spots but all I can get there is wilton products.
But there are beautiful beaches and Disney so that makes up for it right. Have a fun trip. The weather will be a bit chilly for Floridians its going to be back in the 60's but for northerners it should be like a warm spring day.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 16

Ohhh what I wouldn't do for a day that was atleast 60 degrees again=) Hurry up spring!!

bharbor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bharbor Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 16

there is a store called D & G Occasion on Herndon Avenue in Orlando that carries a large supply of cake supplies. Some are a little pricey, but they have pettinice and satin ice and a lot of things that can't be found at Michaels

shannonfl Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 16

Really I did not know that ooooh. Thanks for sharing. I will have to check it out. I need to get out of Chuluota occasionally.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 16

D&G is great. I go there all the time.
bharbor-do you live in Orlando area?
Shannonfl- I live in Ocoee I will be over in your area on Saturday.

shannonfl Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 16

Do they carry the different dusts (luster, pearl etc.)?

Claudine1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claudine1976 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 16

Yes, the carry lusters and pearls, and lots of chocolate molds too..
There's a store in SOUTH O.B.T. Called Jester's Party and the have some cake stuff too, like dusts and satin ice, ck products as well wilton. I go there all the time

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:34pm
post #9 of 16

Where were all you Orlando folks when I visited in March, July and November last year?!! icon_smile.gif My sister lives in Ocoeeeeeee! I go down there about every three months or so and I'm due a trip. My poor husband drives the 7 hours from here (Montgomery, AL) to there every Monday and comes back every Wednesday. He's there right now!!

I would love to set up a meet-and-greet down there and learn some new tricks from ya'll!

fmcmulle Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 2:54am
post #10 of 16

fytar- I don't know about learning new tricks but I would love to meet. Let me know the next time you are coming to town. I know some other cc friends that want to get together. thumbs_up.gif
Faye

fytar Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:20am
post #11 of 16

Sure, Faye! I would love to do that. I think my next trip down there will be in April, but not sure. Do you think you can plan a time and place for us to meet? And is it possible if you find all those stores that I can get a map to them? That way I could get my sister to drive me around!

My name is Tarina, btw.

eriksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eriksmom Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:29am
post #12 of 16

I love D&G! Well, I don't have a coice, there isn't much else around. I found Jester on eBay, of all places. I just wish it wasn't such a far drive for me to Orlando. I can only tolerate the trip once every couple of months.
My wallet can't tolerate much more than that either! I can spend some serious $$$$ in that store!

fytar Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 4:39am
post #13 of 16

Okay, eriksmom, then you're gonna have to make the trip again or give me directions! And where is that store that you said had all those molds for like the large sea shells? Got to hit that place too!! Whooooohooooo, I'm getting excited!

fmcmulle Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 11:51am
post #14 of 16

Ok, Just let me know when you are coming and I will try and get everyone together. Yea!!!!

scrapmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrapmomof3 Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 1:57pm
post #15 of 16

I didn't know there were so many from Orlando here! I live in the Longwood area.

I'm pretty new to the board...getting ready to take my first Wilton class in March. Can't wait!!

fytar Posted 28 Feb 2007 , 2:13pm
post #16 of 16

I taught Wilton Method classes for only 3 months at the end of last year and I had to stop because it was really difficult for me to "teach". Kudos to all the ladies who teach that class (most seem to love teaching it - I didn't). I'm going to sign up for the new fondant class that Wilton has at Michael's now. I will start that next week.

scrapmomof3, I think you will enjoy the class. It's a great time to be around people that talk cake all night long. Remember to drive your instructor crazy with all the questions you've ever wanted to know! icon_smile.gif

I hope to meet all of you soon. I'll let you all know when I'm heading that way. Likely that it will be April 21-25. I don't go quite as often as I like because my husband has to stay through Wednesday when he's down there and so I don't have that much leave time to waste here at work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%