Help! Mmf Just Does Not Turn Out Right??

Decorating By ajoycake Updated 2 Jan 2006 , 4:24am by gma1956

ajoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajoycake Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 5

OK, so maybe I am loosing my touch, but I have made the MMF off this web site and just can not get it to work.
First I have truoble getting it to not burn when I melt the marshmallows, and of course I turned the heat down but then my arms were about to give out!! (can you use Marshmallow fluff??)
Second, it turned out dry, stiff and like a big rock, I must not have added enough liquid. I feel confident that I measured corectly.
When reading on these posts that it is easy to make and good to taste I must be doing something wrong?
Any sugesstions you might have are appreciated.

4 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 5

I used the microwave to melt marshmallows for sixty seconds. Grease bowl and mixer bowl really well.

I don't use my KA anymore...I mix and knead by hand.

ajoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajoycake Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 5

I just read the instructions written in july, the instructions i was using from this site were older and not as good, your tip and these new instructions have helped,
thanks

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 12:21am
post #4 of 5

I never use the mixer either, just knead it by hand everytime. It will be like a rock after it is made though....just warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds and grease your hands up good to knead it to make it soft and pliable again then roll it out! I don't use the powdered sugar to roll mine, I grease the mat with crisco and use that and it never sticks and works out great.

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 2 Jan 2006 , 4:24am
post #5 of 5

I use the recipe on this site for MMF, I use the microwave to melt the marshmallow and my KA to mix. Never had a problem with it.

I do have to warm it a bit in the microwave before rolling out though, but I use corn starch instead of powdered sugar, It is less sticky that way. I found the p sugar to leave a sticky residue when I used it and I had to use more powdered sugar than corn starch. After my pieces dry I just use a pastry brush to brush off the extra cornstarch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%