Cake Stand

Decorating By alip Updated 27 Feb 2007 , 8:21pm by kathik

alip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alip Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 17

Hi! I recently saw a beautiful white cake stand that was made so you were able to weave ribbon around the edge of the actual plate that the cake sat on. I would really like to get one but can't for the life of me remember where I saw it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I might be able to find a cake stand like this? Thanks!

16 replies
SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 17

I think I have exactly what you are talking about. I got mine at a Home Interiors party. You should check their website. I think it's just www.homeinteriors.com but you could google first to see. HTH

LoriGross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriGross Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 17

I have one I got at Southern Living party. It's called a "Dress Me Up Plate". It's got a wrought iron base. You can see it (sans ribbon) in my photos (Chocolate Ganache cake with Poinsetta).

SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 17

Mine doesn't have an iron base it is all porcelain or something like that. If you look in my pictures, my valentine cookies are setting on it!

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 17

http://cgi.ebay.com/Southern-Living-at-Home-Dress-Me-Up-Plate-NWOB_W0QQitemZ330091411264QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10034QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's a link for one on Ebay that isn't going for too much. I'm not sure how much they sell for at the parties.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaryGoodness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaryGoodness Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:17pm
post #7 of 17

I have been looking for the same cake stand!! The closest one I found is www.tiedwithabow.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=310
I am still on the lookout. I wanted like 3 of different sizes to stack on top of each other.

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:24pm
post #8 of 17

I'd never seen one before but now I MUST have one. LOL!!!

alip Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:28pm
post #9 of 17

Thanks so much for the help. I'll take a look.

LoriGross - I thought I saw it in a Southern Living at Home catalog but looked at one today and that's not what I was thinking of. The one I'm thinking of is one piece and the cake plate has a rim that you add the ribbon to. I'm going to get the one you're talking about though if I can't find the one I'm thinking of.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 17

I got one a couple of years ago at a hallmark store. I bought it right after Christmas and I think it was 40% or 50% and they had 2 different sizes. They were pedestal stands with a rim at the edges of the plate for the ribbon to go through. I know that doesn't help right now but you might keep an eye out at Christmas time.

alip Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:43pm
post #11 of 17

mrs_planeflyer - That's exactly what I'm looking for! Too bad the round one is currently sold out. Oh well. I'll check back later. I like that style better than the one Southern Living sells because the ribbon goes through the rim of the plate, it doesn't go through the top of the plate where the cake is sitting. Thanks so much!

SugaryGoodness Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:47pm
post #12 of 17

alip - your welcome!

I thought I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about because I have been looking too. I have looked everywhere.

I know the round one is sold out until February it says...maybe they will have them soon.

tiggy2 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 7:58pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_planeflyer

alip - your welcome!

I thought I knew EXACTLY what you were talking about because I have been looking too. I have looked everywhere.

I know the round one is sold out until February it says...maybe they will have them soon.

That is very similar to what I purchased from Hallmark (the round one). You might check and see if they had them for Valentines day.

SugaryGoodness Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:05pm
post #14 of 17

I just looked on Hallmark's site and they have the square one.
http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&partNumber=DBRIBBONCAKESTAND_DK&rank=P1R2S&searchValue=cake+stand

I will have to call or go in the store and see if they have them there

alip Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:10pm
post #15 of 17

I just saw the square one on Hallmark's website too. I'm off to call our local store. Thanks!

tiggy2 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:13pm
post #16 of 17

Good luck! I hope they have them for you.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 8:21pm
post #17 of 17

If you have a T.J. Maxx near you look there! I just saw a bunch of these on Friday when I was in.

Kathi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%