Curves Anyone?

Lounge By kellyh57 Updated 4 Jan 2006 , 2:58am by bubblezmom

kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 12:43am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone do Curves? I just started earlier this month and haven't seen any results yet, but then again, I've not put on any extra Christmas weight. I've heard people say that it works at first, but then not or they lose inches but not pounds. What about the diet plan? Is it worth the extra money?

Kelly

6 replies
ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 2:41am
post #2 of 7

I did Curves for about six months. I lost inches but gained muscle especially in my legs. I've recently joined Butterfly Life. They have more variety (yoga, Pilates, Aerobics) than Curves. As well as they stay open later than Curves did in my area.
Good luck!
Leslie

bookbabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bookbabe Posted 1 Jan 2006 , 11:45pm
post #3 of 7

I went to Curves for a while. I went with a friend so it was easier to go. She broke her leg and I started finding excuses not to go. Now I'm trying Workout Express (same basic principle). I'm not sure I lost weight but did fell better--not so "squishy" all the time. It's hard for me to make myself go but I do feel better when I go.

I'm not sure their diet plan is all that great-- a dietician once told my husband a person can eat whatever they want--it's the portion size Americans have trouble with. For example--a dinner serving of meat is 3-4 oz. That's about the size of a deck of cards. So if you stick to the correct serving sizes, you don't really need a diet plan as such.

Good luck with your workout--don't quit yet. Give yourself at least three months before you reevaluate it.

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 1:59am
post #4 of 7

I wanted to go, but I have a bad problem with paying so much money for something like that....it's just too expensive I think....I seem to do better on my own (by worrying icon_lol.gif )

kellyh57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyh57 Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 2:27am
post #5 of 7

I know, I'm not quitting, but I just don't feel it yet. I've been trying harder on the "recovery stations" so maybe that'll help. I get measured this week, so we'll see how it goes. There's a ton of names on the "foot" group and it's always really busy, so it must be working for some!

Kelly

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 2:57am
post #6 of 7

Curves? I thought I read "Pervs". Darn! Wrong topic! I was so excited too...

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 4 Jan 2006 , 2:58am
post #7 of 7

Many coworkers of mine joined Curves and liked it. If you are really out of shape it is a good place to start an exercise routine. It is not a hard routine so people who do not like to exercise will stick with it. Also, a very social atmosphere b/c no one is out of breath. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%