Be Cautious When Ordering From....

Decorating By cocorum21 Updated 27 Feb 2007 , 5:15pm by cocorum21

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 7

I just wanted to share an experience with Instawares.com. I placed an order on Feb 12th I received an email 2/16 that my item was shipped on 2/13. Well yesterday(2/25) still no cookie sheets so I decided to call and I was told that the items I ordered was out of stock until April. I'm giving my best friend a baby shower and I wanted to do Antonia's decorated cookies but I need to practice, I've never done decorated cookies. Now I have no time to practice I have to order from somewhere else or go searching.

You'd think that I would have gotten an email saying that my item wasn't in stock. Plus how long we they going to keep my money before telling me that my items wasn't available? icon_confused.gif

6 replies
UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 7

thanks for the heads up

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the heads up! I am sorry you are experiencing such bad customer service. I hope someone else can jump in and suggest a good place to get what you need quickly! I have personally been shopping a LOT at www.countrykitchensa.com and they have been wonderful. They called me the next morning after I ordered late in the evening to tell me that one part of my order was not available until a few weeks later. They quickly adjusted my order and I still got the order within 3 days without paying any express shipping! And they have so much cool stuff!!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the info.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 7

I have some very good Wilton cookie sheets.... I'm sure some others out there just in the retail stores. Just don't get the "insulated" or double ones. I hated those. A nice quality single layer...

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 7

I know what you mean!! About a year ago, I ordered some bulk milk chocolates (44 lbs) from them. They took the money from my account (over $200) immediately. So I waited and waited. Finally I called them and they told me that it would be shipped the next day. I waited another week and 1/2. nothing. So I called them and they told me they DON'T EVEN STOCK THAT ITEM??!!? Then why did you take my money and tell me it was shipping out!!?? What Pi$$** me off the most is that I initiated the contact. I would have never known. To make things worse, I had to pursue getting my $$ back and it took 2 MONTHS!!! And in the meanwhile, I had to find extra money to buy my chocolates somewhere else because I was out over $200 for months!

Sorry this happened to you cocorum21 and thanks for posting this. I had almost forgotten about this and hopefully your experience will keep some others from being disappointed too!

-Rezzy

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 5:15pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

To make things worse, I had to pursue getting my $$ back and it took 2 MONTHS!!! And in the meanwhile, I had to find extra money to buy my chocolates somewhere else because I was out over $200 for months!

That's the exact reason I have an "online" Credit Card. It has a small limit and I use it just for online purchases. This way I can dispute charges instead of waiting for some company to decide when they will refund my money. I will keep an eye on this charge to make sure they do refund it like they said.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%