Tint Or Dust "fuschia" Fondant??

Decorating By chyana66 Updated 26 Feb 2007 , 2:32pm by MikeRowesHunny

chyana66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chyana66 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make something similar to this cake for a wedding in October and I'm concerned about colouring it. I know that the pinks and reds fade easily so I'm worried that if I tint the fondant the colour won't say.

So I was considering using some sort of dust but then I thought perhaps the scrollwork wouldn't stick to it??

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I know the airbush options is out there but I don't have the equipment for that and really not sure if I want to invest that much at this time.

Thanks everyone!
LL

4 replies
jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 5

i'd just tint the fondant

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 5

I would definitely tint it. You would have to leave it out a long time for it to fade or change color so I think you're ok. Dusting it would take forever and may not give you the even coverage you see in the picture.

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 5

I'd say go ahead and tint it. I did a practice cake with fuchsia-tinted fondant last year, and it only started to fade after it sat out on my kitchen table (in the sun) for 3 days. You'll be fine if you're covering this cake the day before the wedding.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 2:32pm
post #5 of 5

Yup, tint the fondant and just keep it in a shady spot (out of direct light) until needed. I highly recommend Americolor fushia colouring - it's just like the one in the picture!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%