Decorating Cookies...

Baking By SILVERCAT Updated 25 Feb 2007 , 5:19am by khufstetler

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 1:33am
post #1 of 6

I know this is going to sound silly/ stupid but I made a batch of cookies today and wanted to decorate them. I made my icing and started working on them and boy they don't look so good. I would like to start getting cookies out there along with my cakes to friends and family but I don't want to pass these ugly cookies off to people. So how do you all do it, make the cookies look great? I used a brush with a little water on on it to make them look a little better butthey still dont look that good. I did an outline and than flooded it. Is this the right way to do it? Any help PLEASE??? Thanks Megan

5 replies
getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 1:39am
post #2 of 6

I usually don't outline anymore, though I did start doing them that way. Since finding Antonia74's royal icing I haven't used anything else - I love it.

What exactly is the problem you are having?

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 2:01am
post #3 of 6

Hi Megan~

Click on this article I posted. It takes you through the entire baking/icing with photos....

http://www.cakecentral.com/article54-How-To-Bake--Decorate-Cookies.html

icon_smile.gif

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 2:19am
post #4 of 6

Well see that is the problem I did an outline and flooded the cookie and you can still see the outline. I will take a pic and post it later! maybe when you see what I am talking about you can help me out more! Do you all sit there with a wet brush smoothing it out?

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 2:22am
post #5 of 6

That's why I stopped outlining - as far as I could figure out there is no way of getting rid of it. If your icing is the right consistency (antonia74's article will explain) then you can easily decorated without outlining.

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 5:19am
post #6 of 6

I do it the lazy way, I guess... I cut out (with the same cutter) MMF or RBC while my dough is chilling, decorate that, and plop them on the cookies straight out of the oven.

Leaves them with a nice crisp edge to the "icing" - but certainly does not leave infinite decorating possibilities, as RI would do.

If I do add some RI, I pipe it on - or paint with a brush - I tried wetting the brush, but that sometimes affects the texture of the MMF or RBC.

If I paint RI straight on the cookie, I use the tecnique from Antonia74's tutorial.... THANKS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%