Anyone Know The Difference Between

Lounge By RaRaRobyn Updated 16 Dec 2005 , 12:46am by RaRaRobyn

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 9

Appropriated and NON-appropriated funds???

8 replies
JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 9

I would venture an answer, but I'm really unsure & don't want to sound/read like a dummy....lol. icon_rolleyes.gif But I'm wondering...why do you ask?? lol

RaRaRobyn Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 9

LOL - my husbands Sgt. told him if he could tell him the difference by 2 o'clock..he could go home early...so I've been searching but can't find the general difference!!

Thanks anyways!

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 9

Appropriated fund are monies appropriated by congress for a specific purpose. Non-appropriated funds are not subject to congressional appropriation.

So if my Army Community Service employment history serves me correctly (I am assuming since your AF that your talking military monies) I think pretty much appropriated funds must be used for the purpose that congress has given them and you cannot take that money and put it towards something else. Non-appropriated funds you have more leeway with. Like GS employees would be appropriated funds but NAF employees are Non appropriated funds....

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

JennT Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 9

Hey...I wasn't too far off!! lol icon_rolleyes.gif That's really what I was thinking it meant, but not in direct relation to federal money or the military. More like appropriated meant the money was designated for a specific purpose & non-appropriated was not. I'm not such a dumb-dumb after all!! lol icon_lol.gif

cakecre8tor Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 10:04pm
post #6 of 9

Heck no you were right on JennT!! I was having trouble just spelling appropriated and almost gave up writing it icon_eek.gif !! HeHe!! icon_lol.gif

JennT Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 9

HA!! Love your avatar, by the way! thumbs_up.gif He has got to be one of the funinest people ever born...I start laughing before he even opens his mouth...lol icon_lol.gif Have you seen Kicking & Screaming? Great movie...we loved it! And we bought Elf...even my 5 yr old loves it icon_razz.gif

cakecre8tor Posted 16 Dec 2005 , 12:19am
post #8 of 9

OMG my kids watch ELF all year round - I have a 5 year old too and he quotes Elf and Napolean Dynamite all the time!! "Hey good news I saw a dog! Did you see a dog? HAAAAA I love him. He was my favorite SNL person ever! I loved the cheerleading skit!! icon_lol.gif

RaRaRobyn Posted 16 Dec 2005 , 12:46am
post #9 of 9

Thanks so much!! He got to come home early!!!

Robyn usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%