Decorating By theitalianldy Updated 24 Feb 2007 , 9:56am by maryak

theitalianldy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theitalianldy Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 7:10am
post #1 of 4

chocolate ganache, what is it? I saw some cakes in here iced with it. Could someone give me the recipe and tell me how to use it.



3 replies
boosqmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boosqmom Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 7:17am
post #2 of 4

Ganache is basically just chocolate melted with cream. I love covering cakes with it because it's quick and simple and people love the taste of it. The recipe I use is just 14 ounces of chocolate melted with 1/2 cup whipping cream (35%). I elevate the cake and pour the ganache over it so it coats the cake. You can look in my pictures to see how it looks. It's what I use when I don't have a lot of time to get a cake done or for those people who don't really like buttercream. Give it a try!

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 7:18am
post #3 of 4

Ganache means chopped chocolate mixed with cream.

The recipe I use I got from Emeril

8oz semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Heat together in double boiler until melted then immediately pour over cake. That is what I used on my two ganache cakes in my pics!

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 9:56am
post #4 of 4

It's exactly the same recipe as basic truffles (chocolate and cream) except you don't chill it in the fridge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%