Unusual Request For Help!

Decorating By Cake_Geek Updated 16 Dec 2005 , 12:16pm by LittleBigMomma

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 11

I've searched and searched. I've employed the help of friends and family. I've even asked people at the stores. Nada... nothing.. zip.

I found in November the Hershey's special dark cocoa powder at a Mars market near my work. I bought only 1 container. Since then, I have found it nowhere. I would really appreciate it if I could "order" some through someone who has it in there area!!!! If anyone is willing to help, I would be enormously appreciative!! I can pay via paypal!!! Or if anyone knows where I can order it online, that would be great too!!

Thanks,
Dia

10 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 11

Help has arrived!

go to amazon.com home page

at top from the search menu, scroll down until you come to "Gormet Foods" as the category for the search.

Then type "hershey" as the search key.

The results will bring back all the hershey products including BOTH special dark syrup and POWDER (i love the syrup for choco milk!)

have to buy a case lot tho' it seems ($22+) but if going to use it might be worth it.

p.s. --- not at all an unusual request!!! we chocoholics are not to be denied!!!

edited: I've got to learn to spell/type!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 11

doug, I did the same thing on Amazon...you beat me to it! icon_lol.gif

Cake_Geek Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 11

ooooh thanks!!!! I poked around a few places and it didn't come up for me on amazon.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 11

meijer and walmart

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 2:48pm
post #6 of 11

my 2 local walmarts only carry the regular, not the dark, powder. WalMart doesn't have the exact same inventory in every store -- they custom tailor a portion of the stock to the local market. Lucky you to have it in your WalMart, icon_biggrin.gif wish I did icon_cry.gif

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 11

I was pretty surprised to see WM start carrying vanilla beans. If they had some luster dust and a few more lorann oils, there'd be no point in going to the decorating supply store. I avoid the supply store anyway cause the ladies are so snobby. They figure that if you haven't been decorating for 20yrs, then you don't know a thing. icon_rolleyes.gif

mamafrogcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamafrogcakes Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 3:11pm
post #8 of 11

OOOH bubblezmom your walmart carries vanilla beans??? You are lucky!!! Mine carries different things around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now if I could just get them to do more of that through the year!!

Cake_Geek Posted 15 Dec 2005 , 3:28pm
post #9 of 11

I've been to walmart, aldo, mars, food lion looking for the dark powder. Mars is where I bought it before but it was with their "holiday" baking display back in Nov. It must have been a special b/c they had no clue what i was talking about when I specifically asked the CSR last night.

We don't have Meijer here in MD.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 16 Dec 2005 , 11:35am
post #10 of 11

I don't know where you are, but I get mine at Kroger grocery stores. I haven't seen it at Walmart.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 16 Dec 2005 , 12:16pm
post #11 of 11

Most stores will "special order" items for their customers. At the grocery store where I shop all I have to do is ask for an item and it usually comes in on the next delivery truck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%