In Store Preview Demo For Wilton Classes

Decorating By TrisCorey Updated 24 Feb 2007 , 1:56pm by dyna

TrisCorey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrisCorey Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 5

I have been hired to do the Wilton Classes as a Michaels and I have my first in store demo in March. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or hints for me on how to make it spectacular. Thanks for any help you can give.

4 replies
2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

I would have a sample of a few techniques from each class as well as books and class kits for each class also. That way people can see what you are doing and what they could get with the classes. Also I'd do a demo of mking a roses, maybe or a border or two and maybe bring something in fondant for people to see. Also you could do a small sampling of recipes for cupcakes or icing for people to see too. Maybe have another person who has taken courses to be there to answer questions and tell their story.

Marci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marci Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 5

I usually bring in store bought cookies and decorate the tops of them. Giving people food usually gets their attention. I also put out a demo cake from the different courses.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 4:23am
post #4 of 5

I always take cupcakes to decorate. the customers and perspective students like to watch me decorate them and then hand them out to people.

dyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyna Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 1:56pm
post #5 of 5

I would do what the class is doing .If they are to bake a cke and ice for class you do the same.When it comes to the decorating the cake showing them as you deco.your cake I think would be great that way the ideas just start flowing and would be alot of fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%