Hazelnut Or Carmel Cake/frosting Combo?

Baking By albumangel Updated 24 Feb 2007 , 5:59pm by Chef_Stef

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 6

Making a cake for a friend's bd on Sunday.
icon_cry.gif She can't have chocolate.
birthday.gif She requested something that has either hazelnut-y or caramel-y flavors to it.
birthday.gif I want to decorate it with a crusting buttercream, but the filling could be something different.

I searched the recipes on this site and others, but couldn't find anything to fit the bill. ANY ideas are welcome!!

5 replies
judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 6

check out the wilton recipes on their cupcake site. they have all kinds of batter, filling and icing recipes already grouped together under specialty recipes...

hope this helped...

albumangel Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 6

Still haven't found anything that seems right, here or elsewhere. So I'm trying something crazy:

Made a DH white cake, added instant French Vanilla pudding, extra egg, butter & milk for oil & water. It smells and looks wonderful- just the right "caramel" color (that's a good sign).

Going to make a box of french vanilla pudding with evaporated milk, and add a few drops of caramel flavor to it for the filling. I'll also add caramel flavor to the buttercream.

We'll see...

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 6

You can take a DH yellow cake mix and instead of using water use Hazelnut liquid coffee creamer. Or you can use the liquid carmel creamer (they don't sell the carmel in the liquid so I have to use the powder form, which is only like 2 TBSP added into the mix) You can then use the creamer liquid or powder to flavor your b/c. The lorains oils will also work though for the cake and the frosting.

albumangel Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Quote:

Hazelnut liquid coffee creamer

RIGHT!! Perfect. thumbs_up.gif

I'm using the lorains carmel flavor for this one- thanks so much!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 24 Feb 2007 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 6

Vanilla caramel cake made with the vanilla caramel coffeemate, filled with caramel espresso filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%