How Do I Go About Making A Cake Like This...

Decorating By chefshar Updated 5 Mar 2007 , 12:41am by chefshar

chefshar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefshar Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 8:58am
post #1 of 11

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-72385

My oldest DD is turning 7 in May & she would love to have this cake but I will need some how to's for sure on this one, lol.
Any and all tips & advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all!

Shar

10 replies
NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 9:03am
post #2 of 11

Welcome to CC Chefshar!!!

What a beautiful cake!! Not sure if she had pans that worked to get the shapes or if she had to carve them. I would recommend sending her a PM and asking her. Everyone here is so nice and everytime I have PM'd someone, they got back to me within 24 hrs with the answer I was looking for! Good luck with your cake! Jen

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 11

Hi, that cake is from Debbie Browns' Enchanted Cakes For Children - it's something i'd like to do one day ! icon_biggrin.gif

julie

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 11

Wow, that is a great cake. I would love to know the instructions as well! My kids would love it.

chefshar Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 11

Thank you for the warm welcome & the tip on where this cake comes from.
Have been searching for Debbie Brown books but have not been able to track any down in my area.
Hope that my pm will yield some info.

Thanks all. icon_smile.gif
Shar

Barbend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barbend Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 11

Try ebay. I got one for a really good price. Also, Half.com has some.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 11

Wow! I have never seen that cake...its awesome!!!! I sure hope ya get some help...be sure and post pics!!!!
thumbs_up.gif

pinkstuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkstuff Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 11

Hi Shar, you can find a lot of Debbie Browns books
from a website called Jessicas Biscuit. I have found alot of out of print and in print cake decorating books from this site for a little of nothing. It is a cookbook website and has lots of cake decorating books(gumpaste ect.) it has Tobey Garrets new cake decorating book regular price of $65.00 for $42.00. I got some of Debbie Browns book for around 9.00 or 7.00 if I remember correctly.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 11

Wow!! If you figure it out, share with us!! I had my eye on a couture Barbie cake in the galleries and I asked the designer how to do it and she was kind enough to share the instructions with me. Perhaps you could PM the designer of that cake and she will do the same? It's certainly worth a try! icon_biggrin.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 4 Mar 2007 , 7:57pm
post #10 of 11

why don't you im the person who posted the pic and see if she can help you hun. Just go back to the pic and then click on her name and hopefully you'll be able to im her from there.

chefshar Posted 5 Mar 2007 , 12:41am
post #11 of 11

Hey Gals found the info I need online, did a search of her books annd found it at Amazon, it has an option of letting you look inside the book! http://www.amazon.com/dp/1853918490/?tag=cakecentral-20 , and guess what it gives the instructions for the Bewitching Mermaids Cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Still not sure about which size pans to bake with but guess I can wing that unless I can dig up some more info.
Guess I will be learning all about fondant now, lol.

Off to play with the playdough the kids have now to see if we are good enough to try making the mermaids, lol. Wish us luck. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%