Chocolate Cornelli Lace Question

Decorating By cinjam Updated 23 Feb 2007 , 8:04pm by cinjam

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 4:57am
post #1 of 6

Making a cake for a friend & they want it iced in vanilla BC , but with chocalate drizzled on top. I showed them cornelli lace & they said that pattern was fine, but they did not want chocolate BC icing - they want melted chocolate. Now, I am not sure what to do - I tried melting semi-sweet chocolate chips & that was too thick. Maybe choco candy melts??

I realize I need to thin the choclate out a bit, but with what? I don't want to thin it out so much that it does not "crisp" back up KWIM??

Thanks for any suggestions!!

5 replies
mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:01am
post #2 of 6

Try a little shortening until you get the right consistency. It will still get hard.

cinjam Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:03am
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much! Off to experiment.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:39am
post #4 of 6

On my lemon and my choc covered cherry cookies (photos on my website), I drizzled white chocolate on them. I just melted white candy melts, put it in a disposable pastry bag, snipped the end of the bag and went back and forth over the cookie. The choc hardened fine (2 minutes in the freezer does the trick really quick!). I was even able to stack the cookies.

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 5:45am
post #5 of 6

What about using chocolate ganache? I just tried it on my my mini valentine cakes and it tasted, looked like and acted just like the icing you find on the chocolate drizzled donuts. (Which makes me think that it IS what they use on the donuts. icon_razz.gif )

The recipe I found was just chocolate and whipping cream.

HTH

cinjam Posted 23 Feb 2007 , 8:04pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. The shortening did the trick - got it just the way she wanted it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%