Cupcake Cake Questions

Decorating By Keliames Updated 21 Feb 2007 , 10:39pm by fat-sissy

Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 6

I have two large cupcake cakes for next week, one for Tue and one on wed. They both will cake FBCT on them, my question is what can I do early? Will cupcakes freeze ok? Can I do the FBCT and leave them in the freezer for a week? How can I avoid the frozen ice crystals that can get on things in the freezer? Sorry I know this is a lot of questions, but thanks to anyone who can help! Keli

5 replies
Keliames Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Keliames Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 6

Anyone?

princess_tonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princess_tonya Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know about the icing, but I can't think of a reason why the cupcakes wouldn't freeze well. I freeze cakes often and never have an issue.

dandelion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:12pm
post #4 of 6

cupcakes will freez pretty well if you wrap each of them indifidually. just make sure that when you let it come back to room temp not to remove the plastic until it's thawed...otherwise the condensation will get on the cupcakes.

and as long as you keep the fbct covered...like with the plastic wrap touching the transfer, i'm pretty sure it'll keep just fine.

good luck!

TaraRowan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TaraRowan Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 6

I've had a FBCT transfer in the freezer for up to a week. just make sure you wrap it AFTER its frozen. I once wrapped it too early and it was a big disaster!
tara

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 6

I freeze BCT's all the time. I just lay the BCT (which is adhered to the wax paper) on a thin sheet of cardboard and slip it into a ziplock bag.

For freezing cc's, I freeze them solid on a cookie sheet and once frozen place in a large freezer bag.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%