Mole Mapping - Anyone Had This Done?

Lounge By SwampWitch Updated 22 Feb 2007 , 3:54pm by czyadgrl

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 3

I've got an appointment coming up to have my moles mapped. It's just precautionary, because I spent many years under the Texas sun.

I have this uncomfortable vision of lying naked on a cold table while having every inch of my skin scrutinized...

Has anyone had this done? What was it like? Thanks in advance!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

2 replies
Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 3

At first, I was hoping this had something to do with the whack-a-mole game but a real life version. icon_smile.gif

My sister did this but I think it wasn't as bad as you think it will be. I've not had a complete scrutinizing but if I remember correctly, they do scrutinize every inch and mark down the major ones.

As my mom would say, just shower and shave first, put on deoderant and clean underwear. icon_wink.gif

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 3

I had this. It's not so bad at all really ... you probably won't have to totally strip down, just to undies and I think they had a sheet so you can cover up the areas they're not checking out. If they don't give you one, you can always ask.

Basically she just looked for the moles that either look suspicious or they want to watch - strangely shaped, irregular borders, irregular coloring. They mark only those ones down, not every single mole on your body, and take notes so they have something to compare to.

It was a quick appointment - and I'm pretty freckley and moley! It's way easier than some other dr. visits!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%