Transporting 6 Dozen Cookies

Baking By smileyface Updated 6 Dec 2005 , 7:27pm by MelC

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 5

How do you delivery unwrapped cookies? I have the delivery 6 dozen cookies tomorrow. I can fit 2 dozen in a half sheet box so I would need 3 boxes. I wish I could figure out how to make two shelves with the cake boards but not sure how to do that. I am wondering if anyone has a better idea for delivering them. I have finished decorating 2 dozen so I might be able to stack on top of those but the ones I am finishing this afternoon, I am afraid to stack on as they will only have overnight to dry. Do I put wax paper between the layers if I stack them so they won't get messes up? Right now they are stored in sweater boxes but I am not sure I want to mess with having to get back all my boxes. I haven't ever made this many cookies at one time for delivery before so I am not sure which way is best.

Open to any suggestions or help!

THANKS!!

4 replies
MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 5

I've not done this, but I have a few ideas that may help...

... spread out your first 2 dozen so they are all on the bottom of your boxes (then more of the fresh ones will get to be on top)

... waxed paper sounds like a good idea!

... you could "help" they drying process along a little bit ... turn your oven on to the lowest setting [if you have a gas oven, even better, the pilot light should be enough!] and let it warm. Turn it off. Put your iced cookies on a cookie sheet and put them in the OFF oven ... leave the door open a crack. The heat should help dry the icing a bit more, but you do need time for them to cool completely before you handle them. I've used this technique for royal icing pieces and it does help.

...if you have access to some cardboard, cut a piece to fit in as a layer between the cookies, but also cut a few smaller pieces to serve as vertical supports ... just wedge those between the cookies on the lower layers so the board is not quite resting on top of your cookies...

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 5

I bought white pizza boxes from a local restuarant supply store. I think they were $20.00 for 100 boxes. I can pack cookies in a single layer, or double up.

They come in 14" (too small), 16" (okay) and 18" (the best!!)

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions! Now at least I have some ideas other than what my poor tired (LOL) brain can think of.

Kewl diagram Melc, that was very sweet of you to take the time to make that for me. That is about how I was trying to make a "shelf" with a cake board. I can't get it as stable as I want it. I think I will be okay (crossing fingers) stacking two layer. I can get 24 in a 1/4 sheet box and 48 in a 1/2 sheet cake box. All of the cookies will have at least 12 hrs drying time and some will have at least 24 hrs.

Helen, I hadn't even thought of pizza boxes. They are square and shorter than cake boxes so I might try to see if I can find them tonight. I will be sure to keep that in mind if I get a large order again.

Take care!

MelC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelC Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 5

Well instead of cutting separate pieces, what about just folding down the ends of a piece of board so it's a really wide "U" shape ... then put a full size board on top... should be very stable if you make it the full width of your box

You're quite welcome ... MS Paint is an archaic program for a lot of things, but it's still really handy for simple little sketches like that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%