Cookie Master Plus

Baking By abbey Updated 6 Dec 2005 , 5:04pm by CakesByEllen

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 5 Dec 2005 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 5

Hi I was just wondering if anyone here has Wilton's cookie master plus. My darling husband gave me one for my birthday and I tried it out today and didn't have much success. I was just wondering if I did something wrong or if it just isn't very good or what. I am thinking of returning it but if it does work and it's just that I need a little practice with it I would really like to make the neat cookies.

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

4 replies
abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 5

Anybody have one of these??

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 5

I thought about buying one but wasnt impressed with the feedback several CC members gave on it...so here I sit...cookieless.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 5

I have that cookie press and it is so..so..

I found that you have to get a rythmn with the press so it clicks out a cookie everytime you squeeze it but it takes practice.I found myself squeezing the press and peeling the shape off of the bottom and setting it on the cookie sheet myself.It definetly doesn't leave it on the sheet like it shows.I was using the proper recipe also.Would I buy it again??? Probably not!

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 6 Dec 2005 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 5

I have a battery cookie press and just made cookies for the first time this weekend with it. The original dough was way too stiff (like pie dough). Probably because I scooped the flour instead of putting it into the measuring cup with a spoon. Anyway, I ended up adding about 5-6 tablespoons of milk to thin down the recipe, then the cookies would stick to the pan. I couldn't use my silpat though, because they would never stick to that. I just had to use a regular (airbake) metal pan.

I just kept thinning it until it would stick to the pan, yet hold its shape.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%