Dental Hygienest Cake

Decorating By cindycakes2 Updated 16 May 2005 , 3:52pm by m0use

cindycakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycakes2 Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 12

I need ideas for a graduation cake for a dental hygienest (sp?)...she only stipulates she wants a "tooth" on it somewhere. I need to make the cake in May, so I have plenty of time for ideas to flow in....thanks to anyone who responds to this plea for helpful ideas! icon_eek.gif

11 replies
angelkiss013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelkiss013 Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 12

Hi. Here's a picture that I found on the Wilton site.
Hope that helps...
LL

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 Mar 2005 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 12

First thought- oh my gosh icon_surprised.gif
But that would work! Or you could make one giant tooth.

p106_peppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
p106_peppy Posted 29 Mar 2005 , 1:17am
post #4 of 12

for some reason I dont think dental hygenists and cake go together, but whatever, I'm thinking like one big tooth, or a smiling mouth, althoughg not necicarily crooked like my 30 second paint drawing:
LL

reiscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reiscakes Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 12:33am
post #5 of 12

That is so funny! I made that mouth cake a month ago! It's so funny to see it being used to help a fellow cake baker. Did you ever decide on a design for the dental hygienest cake?

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 2:10am
post #6 of 12

There is a similar one at www.cakesbydesign.com
but without the braces. If you didn't want to do teeth or a mouth, maybe you could do a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste, maybe some floss, kind of a collage of dental care. Janice

cindycakes2 Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 11:11am
post #7 of 12

I just came up with the design I am going to use this weekend, with the help of the graduating dental hygiene student. I found some "tooth with root" and "full mouth of teeth" candy molds. I am going to make the teeth white chocolate and the gums and roots a light pink candy. I am placing the individual teeth all around the cake, with 2 full mouth sets on top the cake, with a toothbrush, dental floss, and small tube of toothpaste around the teeth. It should be a very different cake. I really liked the mouth cake, but the student wanted stuff on the cake about keeping your teeth clean. Thanks for all the ideas...they helped get me thinking on the right track!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 18 Apr 2005 , 1:21pm
post #8 of 12

Sounds like fun, be sure to post a picture when you finish it! Janice

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 1:53am
post #9 of 12

Sounds great! Strangely enough, my partner and I were discussing doing a dentist's cake and brainstorming about it last night - because I made a chocolate cake with wintergreen buttercream icing and he said it tasted too much like toothepaste. That inspired the whole thing. He was talking about doing a huge tooth with the roots and making sure you fill or layer it so the inside was chocolate or strawberry for the root area and white for the dentin. He said you could use frosting to put swirls of toothpaste on it in the three color - gel and paste mix with blue or green gel, red gel, and white paste.

Are you goign to use real toothbrush, etc, or make them out of fondant?

I hope the cake comes out wonderfully! Best of luck!

~Angel

cindycakes2 Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 3:17am
post #10 of 12

Well, since the dental hygeine student (who, by the way, just took her boards yesterday) can get samples, she is getting mini tooth floss, mini toothpaste, and travel size toothbrushes. I am actally making an arrangement for the top of the cake that will have these items on lollipop sticks, along with the tooth candy suckers, and they will all be sticking up from the school colored flowers in the arrangement. Your cake you were talking about sounds fun to make, too.

cindycakes2 Posted 15 May 2005 , 4:38am
post #11 of 12

Well, dental hygiene graduation cake is done! icon_biggrin.gif Posted pic of it in graduation cakes if you want to see how it turned out. The student loved it...so I guess it was OK! Thanks for the ideas.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 16 May 2005 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 12

Good job, nice floral arrangement on the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%