Wilton Classes At Micheals

Decorating By foxworthbm Updated 22 Feb 2007 , 2:23am by FaithsPlace

foxworthbm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxworthbm Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 17

How much are wilton classes at Micheals. I'm a college student so my funds are very small, and I wanted to see if I could afford it. Thanks

16 replies
kdbobo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbobo Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:02am
post #2 of 17

Normally the classes are $30, but they've run specials every month for a while now...for March the classes are free when you buy the course kit. You do have to budget funds for supplies, though, and time to do things like bake cakes and make icing and make flowers and such.

foxworthbm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxworthbm Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:08am
post #3 of 17

thanks alot. seems affordable. how much as course kits?

biviana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biviana Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:11am
post #4 of 17

In VA they usually are $25. they also have specials.
Some times is half the price and others is sign up and get the kit for $0.1 (cents - almost free)
And yes do you have to have funds for supplies. When I took my first class (7 months ago) I didn't even have a pan to bake on icon_lol.gif
So I spent lot of money. But is has been worth it.

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:13am
post #5 of 17

I hope you decide to take the classes. It is the best decision I could have ever made. Michael's has a coupon every other week, it is usually 40% off and that is when you should buy your course kit, and the bigger ticket items. Have fun!!!

janicecold Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janicecold Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:22am
post #6 of 17

I took the courses last year and I know that here in Winnipeg, Canada, If you would sign up for your second course they gave me a $5 off coupon for the next course plus the course was 1/2 off so it was $12. They might do the $5 off for the next course out there also. I would use my 40% off coupon for my kit so the total for the 2nd course was around $25-$30 including kit so that is also something you could think about also if you want the take the next course. Good luck and it is alot of fun!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:43am
post #7 of 17

Wilton classes at Michaels are not $30. March is buy the kit get the class free. April is 40% off which is $18 and (I think) May and June are 30% off/$21.

C1 Kit - $19.99
C2 Kit - $24.99
C3 Kit - $24.99
F/GP Kit - $29.99

In addition to the kit for C1 you will also need merginue powder, decorating bags and a few other things. You can usually expect to spend around $40+ on class supplies.

C1 can get expensive depending on what you already have and what you want to buy. C2 is the cheapest supply wise in my opinion. C3 has fondant in addtion to a few other things, and the new F/GP course has fondant and gumpaste and some other things.

As Janice was saying, there is an addition $5 coupon Michaels/Wilton gives you as a thank you for taking a course and for signing up for the next one right away. It is called a bounce back coupon and good for C2, C3 and the F/GP course.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:47am
post #8 of 17

When do they give the coupon? the last class? My 3rd in Course 1 is tonight and was thinking of signing up for 2 tonight.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:51am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mareg

When do they give the coupon? the last class? My 3rd in Course 1 is tonight and was thinking of signing up for 2 tonight.

I usually give mine out the 3rd week, but we don't have a set lesson we are told to hand them out.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:51am
post #10 of 17

The classes are $30 here in NC, except for this month which is buy the kit take the course free. The class I am taking in March for gumpaste is $40.00.

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:58am
post #11 of 17

Most Michael's also will accept coupons from AC Moore, Rag Shop, etc. They just cannot be printed from the computer. I print out the coupon for 50% at AC Moore and use it there. The actual coupon I get in the paper I take to Michael's to get 50%off there. It really helps out with taking the classes, buying supplies, etc each week.

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 1:03am
post #12 of 17

Momof4luvscakes, I am also taking this class in March in Michaels located in Crossroad Plaza, Raleigh,NC.
I am really excited to meet you. At least with one CC friend I can meet really. But I thing you are coming for different course.
Last week I bought kit with 50% off coupon and class is free. I am waiting and so excited to make gum paste flowers.

I wish I would see you someday. All the best for your class.

Thanks
Nitu

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 1:12am
post #13 of 17

thanks! I will probably see you at the Raleigh Cake Decorator's Meetup.

Nitu Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 1:19am
post #14 of 17

Oh Yes! I will see you there!

Keep in touch.
Thanks
Nitu

terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 1:35am
post #15 of 17

I just signed up for Wilton II today. I had to pay for the class, and they didn't say anything about a special. I only paid $15, but the kit would be about $15 with a coupon. I better go back and check with them.

Nitu Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 10:31pm
post #16 of 17

You should check, I think different location has different specials going on. Or this is very new course so they (a employees) are not sure about that.
I told her about free class special and then she got the right papers and then I signed up.
So you should ask them.

Thanks
Nitu

FaithsPlace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FaithsPlace Posted 22 Feb 2007 , 2:23am
post #17 of 17

I am on my third class at Micheals and I love it! The classes usually have specials differing by month (Feb. was half off classes, etc. ) and also at the end of classes the teacher will give out discounts for future classes...Check the Sunday paper there are usually coupons 40 and 50% off on items and you will need things for the class. I am taking classes at the Peoria, IL location so it may differ in your state but, my teachers have al given coupons for 40% off of items at the end of each class so wait to get the more expensive items until after class. Also save your reciepts, they are worth a 10% discount on all your purchases while you are taking classes at Micheals.
Hope this helped!! I hope you all have fun at your classes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%