Dd 's 21St Birthday?? Any Suggestions?

Decorating By okred Updated 25 Feb 2007 , 12:56am by Doug

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 8

My daughter's birthday is March 11 and I can't think of anything special for her cake. She is a junior in college and plans to go to medical school.

any suggestions?

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:11am
post #2 of 8

have anything you have wanted to try?

For me I think i would go with a present cake (mainly b/c I really want to do one and don't have a good reason to)

What does she like?

Lambshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lambshack Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:14am
post #3 of 8

Present cake is a great idea. you could make each present a different flavor and let her share it with all her roomies and friends. Its fun to make the different designs on the 'papers'.

SweetTreatsbyCarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTreatsbyCarol Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 12:17am
post #4 of 8

Hmmm...what are her interests? My daughter will be 23 this summer and I saw on here a Tiffany's box, and I know she'll love it! Just a suggestion. Another idea I liked, but decided to do it for Mother's Day instead (she has a child) is the square cake shown in the Wilton Course 2 book, with daisies all over it. Very cute!! Have fun & let us know what you decide icon_smile.gif

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 2:19am
post #5 of 8

I did this one for a girls 21st. she loved it that much she wouldn't let anyone cut it on the night.....lol

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=sweet_as_tisse&cat=0&pos=65

cheers

kylie

okred Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okred Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 8

THANKS!! EVERYONE

Great ideas. Can't do the presents or tiffany, kind of used that for her wedding.

One thing I am thinking of trying is making the strawberries look like white lab coats and piping stethiscopes , maybe dipping into light skin tone and then white for lab coats, piping the stethiscopes and then using silver luster dust.

keep suggestions coming, I'm running out of planning time . . . .

thanks again for all the suggestions, sweet_as_tisse love your 21 cake, it is adorable!

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 12:40am
post #7 of 8

I've seen one that is a sheet cake (or if you have the t shirt pan) cut to the shape of a lab coat with a stethoscope around the neck. You could put her name on the pocket.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 12:56am
post #8 of 8

t-shirt cake?

"turned 21 and all I got was a t-shirt!!!

where's the CAR?!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%