Iso Favorite Pie Recipes

Baking By VACakelady Updated 3 Dec 2005 , 6:28am by VACakelady

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 2 Dec 2005 , 9:50am
post #1 of 4

I'm looking for some great pie recipes besides the common chocolate, coconut, pecan, pumpkin type recipes. If anyone has some to share, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

3 replies
irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 2 Dec 2005 , 12:17pm
post #2 of 4

VACakelady, here is one my son just lovesicon_smile.gif

Burger King's Hershey Sundee Pie
(1) chocolate pie crust

Layer 2
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces Cool-Whip
(1) teaspoon vanilla extract

Layer 3
(1) large box chocolate pudding
Milk

Whip cream cheese until softened. Blend in powdered sugar and remaining ingredients and place in crust. Make pudding as directed, but minus 1/2 cup milk. Top pie with pudding mixture. Finish with Cool-Whip and chocolate curls.

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 2 Dec 2005 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 4

This is a great pie from my dear friend, and awesome chef, Tom Saaristo of Chicago. He has other recipes (pies included) at his website tomsaaristo.com. But this pie is really, really good!

Cranberry-Blueberry Pie à la Mode

The amount of sugar in this pie is necessary to counter the tart blueberries and cranberries. Do not fear the sugar. The orange juice will help to cut it and prevent the pie from becoming too sweet.

By the way , this is a beautiful pie.

Ingredients
1 recipe of your favorite pie crust, enough for a 9 inch pie plate
12 oz. frozen unsweetened blueberries
12 oz. fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup cornstarch
6 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons heavy cream

Half gallon of super-premium vanilla ice cream, optional well, OK, not really

Method
Preheat the oven to 375°

Combine the blueberries, cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well

Heat up the orange juice in a large saucepan and slowly add cornstarch until it dissolves Add the berry mix and bring everything to a boil over medium high heat. Cook and stir the mixture constantly for 5 8 minutes until the sauce thickens. Then remove it from heat and let it cool completely.

Carefully spoon the berry filling into the prepared pie crust. Sprinkle the top of the filling all over with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Bake for about an hour, or until the crust is browned and the berry filling is bubbling. Check on the pie to make sure the crust doesn't crack and the berries aren't bubbling over.

Cool the pie and refrigerate 1 hour before serving, with or without ice cream well, OK with

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 3 Dec 2005 , 6:28am
post #4 of 4

Thank you!! These both sound marvelous, I look forward to trying them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%