Aargh!!!!

Decorating By rflores Updated 20 Feb 2007 , 10:38pm by maryak

rflores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rflores Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:41am
post #1 of 6

I just need to vent!! I love decorating cakes even though I suck at it but I need a break. I'm an office manager at a company that is depends on me alot. Besides my 40 hrs I work overtime and then I'm on call 24hrs. I thought it would be nice so last year I decided instead of buying presnts I would make a simple birthday cake for everyones birthday. Well it got a little out of hand and this month just happens to be everyone and there friggin mom's birthday!!!! AARGH!! Why do I have to be so friggin nice sometimes??? I need a vacation and to make it worse I have 5 birthday's in my family this month. I'm never going to sleep. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work so much. Then I could dedicate more time to practicing my cake decorating. Well I know this makes no sense but i just need to get it off my chest!!!!

5 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 5:56am
post #2 of 6

It sound like you need to be a little less nice and make one big cake for everyone birthday and celebrate in the middle of the month. Make it a theme or something and put everyone's name on it. That would save you a headache and you would still get to practice and eat cake. icon_smile.gif

khufstetler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khufstetler Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 6:02am
post #3 of 6

Cupcakes... make'em, freeze'em, pull out one for each and decorate when you need'em... and two for you when you're done!

Good luck, girl - you're a whole lot nicer than I am! icon_lol.gif

rflores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rflores Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 6

thanks, those are good ideas I never really thought about it that way. I was too busy being stressed!! I think I'll just do one big one, well heck one regular one once a month. We just cut it and eat it at the shop anyway. Same thing. thanks

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:29pm
post #5 of 6

take a deep breath, grab a pillow, and SCREAM into it!!! It sounds like you could use it. This too shall pass.

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 6

Oh my goodness rflores, I know exactly where your'e coming from. I'm an Admin Manager working 50 hours per week, a Beauty Therapist part time and cake decorating is my passion. I do all the cakes for the people at work and have something like 4 cakes in one week!! Oh and I have 2 kids under 10. icon_cry.gif So I totally sympathise with your position!!

I never thought of freezing cakes. How long can you normally freeze a cake for?

Big hugs rflores and just keep in mind that you can say NO!!
Mary

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%