Anyone Holidaying In North East England Next Year?

Lounge By MissBaritone Updated 30 Nov 2005 , 6:35pm by BritBB

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 10:27pm
post #1 of 3

After seeing some of your wonderful cakes I got to thinking how could I learn some American techniques as I certainly can't afford to travel over there and there's only so much you can learn from books and the internet, Then I got to thinking are any of you coming on holiday over here next year. If so perhaps we could meet for a day. You can pass some american techniques on to me and I could teach you some English techniques (as well as introducing you to the best cake decorating stores around here). I know this is probably just wishful thinking but if there is anyone who is interested just PM me and we'll see what we can sort out

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 3

What a cool offer MissBaritone! My family is from Birmingham and Worcester, but we moved here to Toronto and I was born in the 1970's.

I have wanted to go to England every year for holidays and now that I've just been married, I want to take my new husband...but he does the WORST Liverpuddlian accent as a joke, so I'm afraid to take him anywhere near my relatives!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Anyway, I just added by 2 cents to this because I submitted a lot of photos for the upcoming issue of "Wedding Cakes Design Source" published by the Squires Group in England and I'd REALLY like to visit a few of the London bakeries I've seen in that magazine too!

Hopefully I can "lose" my husband and come for a visit to see your work! thumbs_up.gif

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 3

Miss B - was wondering where you were as I hadn't seen you post for a while. I'm going to be back in UK next March for a wedding and my Mum's 80th birthday party, but I'll be in Manchester and I don't think I'll have much time. I'm making my Mum's cake! However, for what it's worth - my husband and I are going to be retiring back to UK in 2007, probably in West Yorkshire. I also have relatives in Newcastle that I need to look up. I know it's a long way away, but it's something to think about.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%