Ultimate Gingerbread House

Baking By TMM2001 Updated 29 Nov 2005 , 12:29am by mudpie

TMM2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TMM2001 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 7

I purchased the Ultimate Gingerbread house kit from Wilton over the weekend. When I opened up the package this afternoon I only had 8 pieces to my house instead of 11 like the instructions had said. I took the kit back to my local Michaels (even though I bought the kit when I was out of town this weekend) They would not exchange it because the cookies had been opened. Now I am frustrated because I really wanted to make this for a sick friend of mine this weekend. I am just so flustered right now and really don't know what to do now. Thanks for reading I just had to vent hoping it would make me feel better.

6 replies
mudpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudpie Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 7

COntact WIlton and expalin the situation. I would call them. I had a problem once and they rectified it quickly. DO you need the #?

Maybe someone here could give you the dimensions of the missing pieces, so that you could make them yourself. Let me know if i can help you more.

It's certinaly do-able to make your own gingerbread.

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 12:02am
post #3 of 7

I wuold be contacting Michaels and sending a letter or email immediately saying that you did not receive what you purchased and you need an exchange. You did not know there were not enough cookies until you opened them. I'd get demanding on their butts!! That is not right. Then contact Wilton too and explain the situation. If you got bad milk at the grocery store, they'd give your money back. NOT RIGHT!!

TMM2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TMM2001 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 12:15am
post #4 of 7

Thanks guys for your reply. Its not right how Michaels is doing me but I have already wrote Michaels a letter and I plan on contacting Wilton tomorrow. Normally I would blow things off but with this gingerbread house it is special and important to me. See my friend has been diagnosed with cancer and the doctors are saying less than a month to live. She told me a few weeks ago that she had always wanted a gingerbread house on display for christmas but due to finances she was never able to have one, so I was trying to make what looks like her last Christmas one that she would never forget.So I am hoping that I will get this issue resolved rather quickly.

mudpie Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 12:18am
post #5 of 7

I agree that Michael's should have rectified the situation. But since they didn't I'd contact WIlton.

Try another MIchael's. Call first, speak with the store manager and get a name.

A lot of people who work in retail just don't care, or don't understand customer service. People are often unable to think for themselves and just follow company rules rather than risk being accountable for common sense.

Try again. It should be OBVIOUS to these people that you didn't just decide to eat the missing peices and then get a replcement! But, perishable foods are often non-returnable because of degradation and tampering issues. And it cannot be re-sold. However, a GIngerbread house kit is a craft item, but still edible.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 12:25am
post #6 of 7

Yes contact Wilton. You're probably not the only one it's happened to and it's a quality control issue for them.

mudpie Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 12:29am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa

Yes contact Wilton. You're probably not the only one it's happened to and it's a quality control issue for them.

EXACTLY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%