I Think I'm Gaining Weight, Sniff Sniff

Lounge By wendysue Updated 21 Feb 2007 , 7:36pm by SwampWitch

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:02am
post #1 of 9

I've been suffering from the worse sweet tooth problem of my life and now my jeans aren't fitting me right. I realized the other day after reading something I wrote in October that I'm 5 or 6 lbs heavier. Very bummed. I lost 50 lbs over the course of two years and I'm scared about gaining it back. How do I find my will power and any motivation to do something before it's too late? icon_cry.gif

I wonder if my cravings could be related to a medical problem? It's really getting out of control. I find my energy in junk food. I used to eat so healthy!!!

Wendy

8 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:05am
post #2 of 9

Wendy, if you're concerned that you may have a health issue, please see your doctor ASAP!! If you need some support with weight loss issues, please come join us at the "Putting down the cake" thread here in the Lounge...we're all fighting the weight battle and all just trying to support each other.

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:25am
post #3 of 9

I too am concerned about gaining weight I have had a weight problem all my life and I have been on a diet ever since about the 2nd week in November I have lost 40 pounds and I went off my diet Friday and I have ate whatever I wanted in the last 2 days but I am determined to get back on track tommorrow I know I can recover from the last 2 days and get back on the right path. Just dont give up . icon_smile.gif

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 3:53pm
post #4 of 9

Yes! Join our club "putting down the cake!" I would venture to guess that your cravings probably arent a medical problem, but if you are really concerned you could speak to your doctor. there are problems like hypothyroidism among other things that can cause weight gain. But I think the more junk food you eat, the more you crave it. There are foods that are hunger drivers like sugar, starchy carbs. The more you eat, the more your body needs it. I used to feel really tired around 4 pm. Like I was so sleepy I needed a nap! Anyway it was like my body was crashing. That is when a lot of people go for the sugary sweets as a pick me up! If you de sugar your diet for awhile, it definitley does help to cut the cravings abd makes you feel more energetic. It is tough though, that is why our "putting down the cake" club really helps. We support eachother! There is always someone there feeling focused that can help to bring up those feeling frustrated. It is like we take turns! Anyway we write goals and weigh in (if you are comfortable) to help us be accountable! Please check us out, you are welcome anytime!

springlakecake Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 9

Sorry one more post. If I were you I would change my diet for a couple of weeks and see if you start to feel better. If not, then maybe you should see a doctor. Literaly have like no sugar, no white bread or white potato, no chips, no fries, NO CAKE! Have lots of veggies, lots of lean protein, some healthy fats, low fat dairy, lots of water, fruits if you want etc. It should change your blood chemistry.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 9

I do have hypo, but have been on meds for years and my blood levels are normal at the moment. I know I'm guilty of eating a very poor diet lately. Too much chocolate and high carbs. I've just been bad! I've heard that a yeast infection, not the type we typically hear of, but one that's widespread throughout your body can cause you to crave excessive amounts of sugar... so wondered about this. It's not like me to be so childlike in my food choices.

Anyway, I'm going to try to be good today. Drink lots of water and eat more sensibly. I hope I'm ready for this challenge! Thanks for telling me about the put down the cake thread! I'll have to check that out. icon_smile.gif

Wendy

springlakecake Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 7:54pm
post #7 of 9

I think that is called a systemic yeast infection. I think you would probably be experiencing other symptoms other than just cravings. I think other problems would be like digestive problems, vaginal yeast infections, thrush (oral yeast), all kinds of gastrointestinal troubles etc. If you are experiencing these problems then you should see doc. I dont think it is very common though, mostly when people have compromised immune systems (such as HIV or AIDS) or diabetes maybe? Really if you are concerned you should see a doctor if you think something medically is wrong. Otherwise get rid of all of your sugary goodness and starchy carbs for awhile get some exercise and see if your cravings subside.

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 20 Feb 2007 , 3:01am
post #8 of 9

Like the others said if you think it's a medical problem go see your doc but until then be determined not to eat the sweets/junk foods. The healthier I eat the less junk food I crave. We just had a holiday and now Easter is just around the corner so it's tempting this time of year to eat lots of sweets......but stay strong and keep eating healthy!

SwampWitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwampWitch Posted 21 Feb 2007 , 7:36pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendysue

... I've heard that a yeast infection, not the type we typically hear of, but one that's widespread throughout your body can cause you to crave excessive amounts of sugar...

I believe it's candida. But sugar itself is very addictive. I hope you get back on track soon!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%