Cookies In A Jar

Baking By llee815 Updated 30 Nov 2005 , 12:51am by Mac

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever made these or have received one? I'm thinking about making some for my daughter's teachers. I have tons of recipes for them but I don't have the time to try out the ones I think might be good. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Leslie

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Nov 2005 , 7:26pm
post #2 of 5

I have a few recipes for these.They are great for bakesales or teacher gifts.I think it is a great idea!!! I like the good ol chocolate chip recipe myself!!

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 5:06am
post #3 of 5

I make them every year .. I paint the mason jars with a Christmas theme picture , but you can just layer the cookie mix into the jar without painting it and it still looks really nice.. I usually just use recipes that I have and just layer the ingredients and add a little card telling the recipient how to bake them and what they need to add..
Here is a good site that has lots of recipes and pictures of them done up so you can see how nice they look..
Have fun making them. I know the teachers will love them.
Liz
http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/giftsinjar.html

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 29 Nov 2005 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you and thanks for the site. I have a couple of books with recipes but I didn't know which would be good. I like how the site has ratings on it.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 30 Nov 2005 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

Every year I do Cranberry Hootycreeks in a jar. Got the recipe and layering instructions from Allrecipes.com
BTW--these are DH's favorite cookie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%