I Did It - Combined Mmf And Rbc

Baking By dukeswalker Updated 27 Feb 2007 , 11:22am by MomLittr

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 14

Being a newbie - I figured I couldn't really screw anything up too bad - I would just chalk it up to inexperience! So - I made a batch of MMF the other day for my V-Day cookies and LOVED how easy it was to use - but I didn't really care for the taste - too marshmallowey. SO today I made a batch of RBC (using 1/2 butter. 1/2 non-hydrogenated shortening) - I really liked the taste! But it looked so greasy - so I took the MMF and combined (just kneaded them together) equal parts of RBC and it came out BEAUTIFUL! I have a batch of cookie dough chilling as we speak to see how they roll out - but I can already tell you that I think it will be fantastic! As soon as I get it done - I'll give you all an update.

Just thought I would share!

13 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 14

That's exactly what I did, combined the two. I had a disaster making my son's Game Boy cake last May and after failing with MMF and RBC, I gave up and mixed the two. Figured it couldn't make it any worse. It worked out okay and at least I got the cake done.

Don't forget to take pictures!

Jessmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessmar Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 14

The combination of MMF and RBC sounds like a good idea! I am looking forward to your update, and hopefully pictures too!

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 1:04am
post #4 of 14

I made MMF for the first time this weekend. I'm a beginner too. I thought it was easy to work with, but I really didn't care much for the taste. I'm interested to know which RBC recipe you're using. I would like to try out your combination! Look forward to hearing how it turns out. icon_smile.gif

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 2:11am
post #5 of 14

Well - they are done (well atleast the RBC/MMF is on the cookies and they have cooled) - and everyone in the family has voted them better tasting than the ones covered with MMF. They even said that the ones with MMF were "cardboard" tasing compared to the ones with the RBC/MMF - funny how they all loved the MMF ones before now! It was just as easy to work with as plain MMF - although I did cut out the shapes and then pop them in the fridge before placing them on the hot-out-of-the-oven cookies. I used the recipe from CC recipe section - but did sub 1/2 butter and 1/2 non-hydrogenated shortening for the Crisco. I don't have pics yet as my camera has no batteries! (eek)

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 2:15am
post #6 of 14

Don't forget to post pics when you get batteries!!!!

slingmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slingmama Posted 25 Feb 2007 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 14

well...how did they turn out? just kidding, i thought i would post and say that the ones you brought to the meeting on sat were WONDERFUL! and of course they were BEAUTIFUL and the talk of the meeting. icon_biggrin.gif

icantcook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icantcook Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:10am
post #8 of 14

Good idea. When I was trying to work on Valentine cookies, I ended up combining MMF and white candy clay made out of the white chocolate chips. But that combo was still too greasy looking to me. But it sure tasted yummy!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:22am
post #9 of 14

I just played with some left over buttercream icing that I had made using crisco and margarine I took the icing and added some corn syrup and more icing sugar and it turned out great and not greasy at all. I rolled it out and cut some hearts ( in my pics ) just for fun to see how it was rolling as I have never tried rbc. I let them air dry and the outside crusted over and the inside was still nice and soft. I now have them in the freezer and just waiting for me to make cookies or a cake to put them on.

jarjam1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjam1026 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:38am
post #10 of 14

okay, i know what MMF is, but RBC I DONT

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:43am
post #11 of 14

rolled buttercream

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:49am
post #12 of 14

Mixing MMF with RBC sounds like a great idea. I'll have to try it. Can't wait to see the pictures.

jarjam1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjam1026 Posted 26 Feb 2007 , 3:59am
post #13 of 14

THANK YOU

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 27 Feb 2007 , 11:22am
post #14 of 14

I cam across the MMF/RBC combo when I had extra of each. Absolutely love it for covering cakes too! thumbs_up.gif Here is another question I am contemplating - for my Easter cookies, last year I used royal icing. They came out real nice but took forever. This year I will be using the RBC/MMF combo. What have you found your customers prefer.....the little harder royal icing, or a fondant covered cookie?

Deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%