I Have To Make A Cat Cake For My Mother...

Decorating By imnamor95 Updated 19 Feb 2007 , 11:18pm by imnamor95

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 6

Having a hard time finding little cat sprinkles. I am thinking of just making them by hand onto the cake. Like by freehand. Shouldn't be that hard, right? It'll be done in BC, I don't work with fondant yet. Has anybody done this b4? Any pix would help me out alot. icon_wink.gif
Also, I've got to do some frankenstein cupcakes and can't find any frankenstein sprinkles either, lol. (I know, I got weird customers, lol.). I am thinking about doing those by hand too. What do u think? Thx for any suggestions u can give me! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
terabera69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terabera69 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 6

I have never heard of making sprinkles by hand. How does that work?

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 6

If you go to the galleries tab, and click holidays; then halloween; you'll find many cats and frankensteins.
Are you looking for figure piping or fondant modelling instructions for small sizes?

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 6

I have made little tiny polka dot sprinkles with left over colored royal icing. You had to pipe a lot of tiny dots and let dry, but it tured out cute. I did that for royal icing butterfly cupcake in my pics here on cc. I made the dot sprinkles to match. icon_smile.gif

imnamor95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imnamor95 Posted 19 Feb 2007 , 11:18pm
post #6 of 6

I am just gonna free-hand the both things, the cats and the frankenstein. The cats my mother likes are like "cute" cats, and I have only been able to find halloween scary cats online, lol. Thx for the link, btw. And, I have been looking at u guys ideas about the frankensteins, and I think I can do it free-hand too. I will DEF post pix of what I come up with. Ty for all ur help! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%