Can't Find The Post. Can Someone Help?

Lounge By Lenette Updated 26 Nov 2005 , 4:53am by Lisa

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 4:36am
post #1 of 5

I thought I saw a post a while back that pertained to inexpensive items to sell at a holiday/craft fair. I did a search but couldn't find it. There is a local event here that I am considering participating in. It's only through Christmas. My main goal is to get my name out and get orders so I don't want to spend a bunch of money making stuff that may not sell. I was thinking some dummies (like 1 or 2) of Christmas/holiday type cakes, a cookie bouquet display, and a few photos of my work. Any ideas of stuff I could sell there like for a max of $2? If I do some candy could I freeze leftovers and take back the following week? Also, what other display type things could I do? Should I do like a regular occasion type cake too or stick to holiday stuff? Sorry so long I must be tired and my thoughts are not concise. Thank you!

4 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 4:39am
post #2 of 5

I'm guessing it would be in Cake Decorating Business or General? I'll take a look.

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 4:44am
post #3 of 5

I couldn't find any post like that ,but maybe you can do candies and maybe small cake squares(worth 2 dollars) for people to tastes? Cookies would be good to sell with your cookie boquet as the sort of eye catcher. And maybe do one dummy a holiday theme and another a regular occassion theme? If you want something else try to make something that would really make people wonder and want to see your other work. Sorry i can't really help you more. Maybe do a sculpted cake if you can?

Just a couple suggestions. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 4:46am
post #4 of 5

I would show all types of cakes, etc.. you limit yourself when you only do holiday stuff, I think.... show them what you can do and you may get orders for the future. HTH

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 26 Nov 2005 , 4:53am
post #5 of 5

Sorry...I didn't have much luck either although this thread has a lot of good ideas

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-11073.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%