Deviders?????

Decorating By Pearl70 Updated 18 Feb 2007 , 2:26pm by Pearl70

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 2:43am
post #1 of 7

Is there any such thing as cake deviders? What I mean is when you do a half choc. half white sheet cake. I use a piece of card board to place in between the two flavors then pull it out before baking. Tonight it was ahassle because I had to get my hubby to help pour one batter while I poored the other and hold the board.. icon_mad.gif

6 replies
Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 2:50am
post #2 of 7

I used aluminum foil and folded it up and made a strip about 4 inches longer than the width of the pan. Then fold each end of the foil in opposite directions. It kind of looks like an elongated z. Just don't forget to pull it out before you bake the cake.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 2:51am
post #3 of 7

Yes there is - I seen one in a cake shop near where I live - don't know the brand - but I'm sure you could look online and probably find one. These were aluminum (sp?) and would slide to fit the pan width.
HTH

Epi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Epi Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 3:02am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl70

Is there any such thing as cake deviders? What I mean is when you do a half choc. half white sheet cake. I use a piece of card board to place in between the two flavors then pull it out before baking. Tonight it was ahassle because I had to get my hubby to help pour one batter while I poored the other and hold the board.. icon_mad.gif

Yes the make a cake divder for that purpose. It is made by CK Products. Just do a google search to find it. thumbs_up.gif

Pearl70 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 3:25am
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone....

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 4:27am
post #6 of 7

You really don't need a divider. It's not Kool-Aid .... the two aren't going to "mix" when they meet in the middle. They will "meet" in the middle and stop against each other. I tilt one end of my pan up (like set it on an upside down saucer) and pour in Batter #1. Then lower the pan and pour in Batter #2.

Pearl70 Posted 18 Feb 2007 , 2:26pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

You really don't need a divider. It's not Kool-Aid .... the two aren't going to "mix" when they meet in the middle. They will "meet" in the middle and stop against each other. I tilt one end of my pan up (like set it on an upside down saucer) and pour in Batter #1. Then lower the pan and pour in Batter #2.

i had thought to try this but was afraid that one would go to far over the other....i will try this the next time...thanks everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%