Should I Or Shouldnt I

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 25 Mar 2005 , 2:00pm by m0use

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 12

I am preparing to make the individual egg cakes. icon_rolleyes.gif I have drawn out designs to place on eggs, icon_wink.gif and I still think I will use MMF on some and buttercream on some. thumbs_up.gif The only thing I cant decided icon_confused.gif is do I frost the bottoms? or dont I... icon_eek.gif Will anxiously await your respnses. icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif

11 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 12

I wouldn't..It would be the same I would think as making a cake. Do we frost the bottoms of our cakes? icon_confused.gif hmmm..no..lol hope this helps and I hope I am understanding you right..Good luck!!

flayvurdfun Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 12

well actually I have seen that, of course its not a neat thing, but its there. Isnt that called reverse frosting or something like that? Oh wait thats just if you want your top to be really flat . icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gif duh...
anyway, I didnt think so, but someone here said I should so that when its picked up to eat you dont see the cake if it broke or burnt..... icon_surprised.gif I wouldnt burn them, I pace back and forth until the cake is out...... icon_wink.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 23 Mar 2005 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 12

I read somewhere to attach a piece of fondant cut to shape on the flat part...you could use buttercream to attach..then flip if right side up and decorate however. That way the bottom is covered. Petit Fours are done that way! Hope this helps!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:40am
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

but someone here said I should so that when its picked up to eat you dont see the cake

I would think if i were going to pick it up I would not want the bottom to have icing on it. That just sounds messy in my hands to me. But wouldn't you eat these with a fork anyway?

flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 12

another post I cant delete! icon_razz.gif

flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:07pm
post #7 of 12

these are no bigger then a cupcake really icon_rolleyes.gif ...a tad bigger, but still the same. So far I have all 40 made 3 totally done, and waiting for the frosting to get cold in the fridge before I do more..
speaking of which.. how in the heck do you all do this? I can do maybe 3 cakes before the frosting needs stiffing. That takes the longest for me to decorate. do you have like 3 bags filled with the color frosting you are working with and change and so on? I am working on getting like 3 or 4 of the same "always use" tips so that I can do this but mercy!!!!!!! Its 10 PM here right now, and I am so ready for bed, but I have to get at least half done tonight!!!!!!!! can someone can and fly here and help me icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:14pm
post #8 of 12

I would love to, as long as it's not cold icon_wink.gif

I would try the three seperate bags, that way you can keep moving and it will speed up the pace. icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 12

Its definately not cold....frankfurt international is right out my "window" just let me know when you arrive! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_razz.gif
I knew someone was going to say three bags, ya knw I think I will just go ahead and buy lots of dup tips so I have more then one.... with this particular tip that I am waiting on I have 2, but each has a different color!!!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:21pm
post #10 of 12

I have 10 #104's, 6 @ #1-2-3-5's, 4 #22's, 3 #67's, and several other duplicates. It never hurts.

flayvurdfun Posted 24 Mar 2005 , 10:34pm
post #11 of 12

I am definately going to get more of the star tips....I thought I got through 3 cakes before putting it back in fridge...I got through one!. so now my question is parchment triangles or bags? right now I am using triangles... will get bags eventually... but do you find that the frosting stays cooler in a bag? I cant believe my hands get that warm, but man I am surprised. NOW I have run out of BC!!!!!!!! I always have powdered sugar always, but now I'm out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If its not one thing its another.. now I will have to finish them tomorrow...I think I have 12 done out of 40! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 25 Mar 2005 , 2:00pm
post #12 of 12

I hate it when I run out of things when I am trying to do something icon_mad.gif
When that happens, either hubby goes and gets it for me (thank goodness for cell phones), I get it myself, or if our son is over at Grandma and Grandpa's for the night- I make my hubby go with me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%