Not Cake Related But Thanksgiving Turkey

Lounge By prettycake Updated 22 Nov 2005 , 1:42am by FerretDeprived

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif I watched Paula Dean made a Turkey, Duck and Chicken all in ONE....I have never seen or done that b4... she deboned the Turkey, chicken and duck. put the Duck on the Turkey, then the Chicken on the Duck, then rolled the turkey then roasted in the pan..The DUck and Chicken inside the Turkey.. but with a paste like stuiffing in between.. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif has anyone of you out there done that ?

I might try that this Thanksgiving..

thank you

7 replies
tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 8

I believe it's called a Turducken, or something like that. Seems like a heck of a lot of work, plus it takes a lot longer to cook than a regular turkey. I think you can even buy them already prepared you just have to cook 'em!

Randa_000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Randa_000 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 8

IS that like a Sicilian meat roll....I think that's what you do, debone everything wrap from biggest to littlest, bake and serve...Maybe there is a white wine basting......I am not sure

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 8

Tripletmom is right, it's called a Turducken, and you can buy them already deboned and assembled ready to cook. I would check your poultry dept for those before you go to all the trouble, unless you're up for the challenge and want to be able to tell everyone you did it yourself!

lotsoftots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsoftots Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 6:49pm
post #5 of 8

You should be able to order one from your butcher.

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 8:06pm
post #6 of 8

If you are going to try this--please, please, please make sure that it's cooked all the way through to the chicken before serving. I read that it's pretty difficult to tell when it's cooked all the way and just wonder if it is worth the potential food poisoning! Of course, I'm the one who can't even stand to put stuffing in a turkey--so I guess I should be quiet. lol!

Lisa

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 8

How the heck do you de-bone a turkey?? I've never heard of this!

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 1:42am
post #8 of 8

Yep you buy it already deboned and assembled. I believe Unwrapped had an episode where they showed the company that did it and how they did it. They were showing a guy deboning, i think a chicken, blindfolded in less than a minute. Lol

I had it one thanksgiving ,and it was ok. I'd rather have my plain ol' turkey ,but it didn't tastes bad. I couldn't really tell the difference between the meat besides the shades anyways. LOL

llj68, I'm with you! I won't touch a turkey that's been stuffed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%