Witzy Welcome Pricing ?

Business By SUELA Updated 24 Nov 2005 , 2:26am by newtocakes

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 10

I will be doing the Witzy Welcome cake from the Wilton website....12x18 inch base cake with the Witzy character cake pan on top (20 cups of batter in total). I plan to use MMF to cut costs, but.....not sure what to charge. Any ideas?

9 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 10

I've attached the link to that cake:

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/babyshower/awitzywelcome.cfm#

..it might make it easier for members to see the cake and give you some idea on prices!

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 10

I'm saying MINIMUM $125..that cake makes a lot of servings...and it's a lot of work...

cake4you Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake4you Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 10

I second that at least $125.....that is a lot of cake! and work too....make sure to post a pic when done!!

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 21 Nov 2005 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 10

For family, I would charge $85 or make it your shower present to the Mom-to-be (of course they will never realize how much the cake is really worth). For regular pricing, I would agree on $125. If that price seems too high, you could drop it to $115, but I wouldn't go any lower.

Make sure you post a picture of the final product!

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 2:57am
post #6 of 10

No less than $125.00, that's a lot of work!
Leslie

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 12:03am
post #7 of 10

Don't mean to go against the crowd here but....whew, $125 seems awful high to me! One 12 x 18 and one character cake....$80 to 90 sounds more in line to me! JMHO~~

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 12:17am
post #8 of 10

I have to agree with MrsMissey. Especially in my area. If I told someone $125 for that cake they would probably laugh in my face. We as decorators understand the work put into cakes but a lot of other people don't.

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 2:10am
post #9 of 10

I'm gonna agree with the lower price..could be because I live on an Air Force Base, and let's face it, military gets paid squat, but NO ONE would pay 125 for that cake..not even the Col.'s wife. When I first saw it I thought about 80-85 dollars..but honestly its gonna depend mostly on where you live! Call some bakeries locally. I can guarentee you, one of them has probably done that cake!

newtocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocakes Posted 24 Nov 2005 , 2:26am
post #10 of 10

I live in Arizona and have just recently started selling cakes. My cakes start at $1.50 per serving for buttercream and $2.00 for fondant. I charge all cakes by the number of servings. I would charge at least $2.00 per serving if using fondant. My cakes are on the low end of the price scale in this area. Before I started making cakes I paid $5.00 a serving for my daughters b-day cake that served 50 people, that was for a buttercream cake with decorations that I purchased for the cake! That is why I got started decorating cakes! I do agree that it depends on the area in which you live. Call local bakeries in your area and see what they would charge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%