Pillsbury???

Decorating By ellepal Updated 23 Nov 2005 , 1:17pm by sweetsuccess

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 4:59pm
post #31 of 35

Bubblez, it is almost the same, I know I compared them but can't remember the differences. Well one is the extracts. But for whatever reason, this one comes out better for me.

OK I Just looked at the Cake Bible one again, it has less eggs, less ugar and more flour that the one I posted from this site. I think the extra eggs and less flour help the other to be a bit more moist.

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 22 Nov 2005 , 8:49pm
post #32 of 35

I've been playing with Pillsbury lately since I've been doing classes. Can't pass up the 79 cent price! I've been using the white and adding flavorings and loving it!

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 12:51pm
post #33 of 35

Iron, Thanks! I've tried about 7 different white cake recipes and so far Rose's is the best. SoftasSilk has a recipe almost identical to hers. It might be the Classic White. I'll have to check after the holiday.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 12:59pm
post #34 of 35

I'm a diehard Pillsbury fan... I've tried DH and Betty Crocker and I find down here (could be the humidity factor) they always, always fall in the center. I have used Pillsbury for years now and I use the Cake Mix Doctor's recipes .. I tweak them somewhat to what the customer may want or what I feel makes it taste better.. I get nothing but compliments on all my cakes about how moist they are, etc, etc. Not one person knows that it's a doctored cake mix and I don't tell them any different icon_biggrin.gif I know Wilton pushes to use the DH brand, but it's Pillsbury for me! icon_smile.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 23 Nov 2005 , 1:17pm
post #35 of 35

I've never tried Phillsbury, but I have to try it for my next cake order. Thanks ntertayneme.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%