Need Ideas Please!!

Decorating By heiser73 Updated 16 Feb 2007 , 2:44am by heiser73

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,
I have an order for a cake for tomorrow that needs to feed 15-20 people. It's for a 25 year old girl's birthday and she likes brown, pink, and calla lilies. I'm just having a hard time coming up with a design for it. I really love all the pink and brown cakes on here, but I just don't know how to incorporate calla lilies to any of them. I usually always get great ideas when I just post and ask people so I'm hoping to get some good ideas! Thank you all. I don't know what I'd do without CC and all it's members!

4 replies
aobodessa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aobodessa Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:02am
post #2 of 5

Heiser, do you work with chocolate paste at all? I would suggest maybe a pink-iced cake with chocolate paste circles or stripes on it, and you can make calla lilies out of white chocolate paste to put on the top.

Happy Baking,

Odessa

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:04am
post #3 of 5

look in my pics and see the pink heart shaped cake for a 3 year old.. you could do chocolate brown as the trim instead of the white.... they loved this cake... her mom is 25

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:08am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSuziesSweets

look in my pics and see the pink heart shaped cake for a 3 year old.. you could do chocolate brown as the trim instead of the white.... they loved this cake... her mom is 25

I really like this idea! I think it's a good way to incorporate the theme.

heiser73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heiser73 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

Thank you so much for your help.

Odessa-I was thinking of doing that, but just wasn't sure if stripes or polka dots would work with calla lilies, but since you suggested it too, I think I'll go with that! Thanksicon_smile.gif

SouthernSuzieSweets-Thanks for your suggestion..I love your heart cake! I think I will do a pink cake and use a brown border like you suggested. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%