The Results Of My Shipped Cake.

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 16 Feb 2007 , 2:44am by nglez09

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 1:40am
post #1 of 5

Well... the pearls fell off the cake and she said they put dents or holes in the fondant, she wasn't clear on what. Than today when I asked if she had a chance to try it, all she said was - "Next question." And that was it. Not even a $#@*&^% thank you. This is my best friend and her opinion really matters to me, so this is a huge blow to my ego. No matter what happened though, I deserve a thank you. I drove 70 miles to ship the dang cake cuz she HAD to have it shipped by UPS. All in all, I will NEVER ship a cake again and if she were to ever ask, I will conveniently be busy.

I still love her. She's still my best friend, but I just won't go there again.

Rachel

4 replies
braggmama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
braggmama2 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 1:56am
post #2 of 5

What did she expect the cake to look like after being shipped? It certainly didn't look like that when you drove it 70 miles to ship it in the manner she requested. Sorry it's caused a bit of a riff between you and your best friend. But I think a word of thanks from her is in order.

Just my two cents.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:36am
post #3 of 5

Not to sound mean but that just doesn't sound like the attitude a friend should take with you. You did her a favor by shipping it to her. Cakes are fragile and she should know that. (maybe she's just cranky from pms icon_lol.gif )

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:43am
post #4 of 5

LOL - is it sad that I know it's not PMS? That's not for another 2 weeks.

Rachel

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 2:44am
post #5 of 5

That was rude on her part; I'm sorry if she's your best friend but that was a smart and just not nice remark. thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%