New Here!!!

Decorating By TooCuteRose Updated 16 Feb 2007 , 9:33pm by Teekakes

TooCuteRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooCuteRose Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 19

Also new to cake decorating...I have just been recently diagnosed w/severe panic attacks...I was trying to find an outlet for all of my anxiety/panic...And found baking...I love making cookies...and such...but just recently developed an interest in cake decorating...I have no clue where to begin...So I would love and appreciate any inputs...And if your from the Albuquerque area I would love to hear where you get your supplies from...Thank you all... usaribbon.gif

18 replies
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 19

Welcome! You will find CC to be very helpful and addictive! Weclome to a great new hobby! thumbs_up.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 19

Welcome to Cake Central! I started cake decorating as a stress reliever and it works most of the time. Today I've been screwing up everything I touch, but otherwise.....lol

You will learn all kinds of great tips and techniques on this website. Jump right in, everyone is very friendly!!

Cindy

rockii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockii Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:09pm
post #4 of 19

welcome!!!
As a newbie myself let me be the first to tell you that this site is addictive! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Lindsayu83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindsayu83 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 19

baking and decorating is a very good outlet for stress and anxiety. I too used to struggle with panic disorder (I have it mostly under control now). Just make sure you have other people to eat all the stuff that you make, otherwise you'll gain 100 pounds!!

Welcome to Cake Central!

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:11pm
post #6 of 19

Welcome! The people on this site are great and very helpful. It's nice to be able to talk and ask questions of people who have the same interests. Just remember there are no stupid questions. We've all been there at some time or another.

Enjoy!

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:12pm
post #7 of 19

Welcome Welcome Welcome

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 19

Big welcome to you!!!!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:23pm
post #9 of 19

I have panic attacks and anxiety too. I just started baking about a month ago, but it is awesome!! When I'm making a cake my mind is clear and I don't worry! Welcome to CC, you are gonna love it thumbs_up.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:25pm
post #10 of 19

I bought my stuff at JoAnn Fabrics, and am taking classes there too.

Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:26pm
post #11 of 19

Welcome to CC family,TooCuteRose!

Nitu

TooCuteRose Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 7:41pm
post #12 of 19

Thank you all for the warm welcome...My first big project will be making a joint cake for both my boyfriend and grandfather...They share the same bday...So this should be interesting...

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 8:08pm
post #13 of 19

I don't know about cake supply stores in your area, but if there are Michael's or Hobby Lobby, they have all kinds of supplies. Also, they both ofter have 40 percent off coupons which are great money savers on larger items.

Michael's offers the Wiltons classes too if you want to take them.

Cindy

cakesksa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesksa Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 8:34pm
post #14 of 19

Welcome!

Julie icon_smile.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 8:40pm
post #15 of 19

A Big Welcome.

You should find out where they offer Wilton classes in your area. They are fun.

I want to mention to everyone that I can send anyone a JoAnn's coupon if they want to pm me their e-mail address.

TooCuteRose Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 9:29pm
post #16 of 19

i was wondering where i could sign up for classes...it may help with decorating their cakes...does anyone know if the classes are large???i don't do well in large crowds...

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 15 Feb 2007 , 9:38pm
post #17 of 19

TooCuteRose,
Welcome to CC. This is really a great place to learn and for ideas, inspiration and support. It really depends on where you take the classes. I took my courses at Michael's. When I took Wilton Course 1 there were only 4 of us. Then in course 2 there were about 10 and in course 3 we were back down to 5.
HTH,
Bradymom

TooCuteRose Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 9:23pm
post #18 of 19

ok so hopefully all in all...there won't be many individuals there...

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 16 Feb 2007 , 9:33pm
post #19 of 19

Toocuterose, Welcome to CC, you are going to love it here!
I am currently taking Wilton classes at Hobby Lobby here in the Houston, Tx area. I went to www.wilton.com to find the closest available classes to where I live...........you can do the same thing to see what the most convenient is for you there in Albuquerque.
Everyone is correct in telling you this site is addictive!! Wonderfully addictive! icon_smile.gif

Lea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%