Best Buttercream Recipe??

Baking By mjsparkles2001 Updated 18 Nov 2005 , 5:18am by alracntna

mjsparkles2001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjsparkles2001 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:02am
post #1 of 9

I'm new here and wanted to know what is the best buttercream recipe out there to use. I know its a matter of opinion but what do you use?

8 replies
mjsparkles2001 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:16am
post #2 of 9

noone knows or has this already been answered?

mamastacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamastacy Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:21am
post #3 of 9

im not sure what the best is but ,i use the wilton recipe. im new as well and just getting to fine out new stuff as well. just thouht i would say hi and welcome . i love this site.
stacy,

mjsparkles2001 Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:22am
post #4 of 9

thanks ... it kind of intimidating when you are new. so many recipes and I don't know the difference between any of them. icon_smile.gif I need to get my butt to some classes!

charleydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charleydog Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:42am
post #5 of 9

Don't feel intimidated!!! And welcome!! If you search and look for buttercream this has come up several times, mostly I would suggest trying a few...everyone differs on this for their own reasons, you just need to try a few and decide which is best for you...

And again welcome, your house will never look the same because you will always be here instead of cleaning it!!! LOL

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

*edited for spelling..

JustJaimeLyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustJaimeLyn Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:44am
post #6 of 9

I'll try to help but as I'm sure you know, everyone thinks their buttercream is the best. There are a few different types of buttercream. IMBC is italian meringue buttercream and is a cooked buttercream using egg whites and simple syrup. It is very light and creamy and has a light flavor. Not too sweet. SMBC is swiss meringue buttercream and is similar to IMBC. Both of those buttercreams come out slightly yellow due to the ingredients.

The other butercream is the non-cooked version. It is much sweeter than the cooked versions and is my favorite. I have never tried the Wilton version so I can't tell you about that one. My recommendation is to try a few of the different recipes on this site and store them in containers. You can taste them to see which ones you like and use all the icing for practice decorations.

HTH!

mamastacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamastacy Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:49am
post #7 of 9

i hear ya, but everyone here seems to be very nice and very helpful. i just started the wilton course one class myself. im having fun so far and learning afew things as well.lol.
stacy,

JustJaimeLyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustJaimeLyn Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 4:51am
post #8 of 9

Oh you will have a blast here. Everyone is friendly and willing to help! I try to help when I can but I think everyone here is on a different skill and everyone learns from each other! Ditto what charleydog said about your house. I try to clean mine early in the morning before I ever get to the computer! LOL

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 18 Nov 2005 , 5:18am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJaimeLyn

I'll try to help but as I'm sure you know, everyone thinks their buttercream is the best. There are a few different types of buttercream. IMBC is italian meringue buttercream and is a cooked buttercream using egg whites and simple syrup. It is very light and creamy and has a light flavor. Not too sweet. SMBC is swiss meringue buttercream and is similar to IMBC. Both of those buttercreams come out slightly yellow due to the ingredients.

The other butercream is the non-cooked version. It is much sweeter than the cooked versions and is my favorite. I have never tried the Wilton version so I can't tell you about that one. My recommendation is to try a few of the different recipes on this site and store them in containers. You can taste them to see which ones you like and use all the icing for practice decorations.
HTH!

so do you have this IMBC recipe and do you want to give it up to us? icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%